New CNBC Format - Big Mistake

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Choad, Dec 19, 2005.

1. What's funny, is that it seems from the replies that the talking heads on CNBC didn't see this format before they got in this morning? Don't they unvail this stuff for them, get some feedback? It's like, oh, here you go, good luck.

I agree with Maria, the peacock is a pain on the charts, add in the little white outline on the chart and the flashing circle for the last trade it's visual overload. I find the charts fuzzy to read for that reason. THe old charts where plain but crisp.

Anyone get the feeling they are watching the Daily Show/Colbert Report with this new color scheme?

#41     Dec 19, 2005
  2. no serious daytraders watch cnbc anymore.
    bloomberg n reuters.

#42     Dec 19, 2005
  3. Ebo

Ebo

Bush Whacker:

No serious traders post on this site.
    What are you doing here?

#43     Dec 19, 2005
  4. The funny thing is that on Friday Cramer said on his show that the first thing he does is in the morning is turn on Bloomberg, until he caught himself and laughed, and said I mean CNBC.

#44     Dec 19, 2005
  5. asinine

asinine

This seems to be a step back of about 8 years. Makes me feel stupid to be reminded who PFE was. Why lose the volume, that's at least kind of fun.

It seems like a leapfrog learning book. Totally appealing to the masses, and not the professionals!

#45     Dec 19, 2005
  6. JA_LDP

JA_LDP

I was just about to post a thread asking, "Is it me, or does CNBC suck horribly?"

I usually watch squawk while i run on the treadmill in the morning. I can barely stand the people pausing and studering the news from the Wall St. Journal. Terrible.

#46     Dec 20, 2005
  7. HaHaHaHa, this is just about one of the funniest threads I have read on Elite.

The new format definitely sucks ass! Its for pikers, I don't know how these guys expect us to take them seriously? I mean the whole Cramer thing is bad enough, but at least it is entertaining for a couple of minutes. This shit just gives me a headache. I mean could they jam another ticker on the screen in the morning? I can only imagine what will happen when they have the 'oil bug' 'fed announcement imminent' and the 'gold bug' added in there and then have an earnings alert!

This shit looks like something that was created by the guys at Fox Sports.

And who the hell needs the full company name and the ticker symbol? That's one of the things I never liked about Bloomberg, the ticker. I say bring back the old ticker, news headlines in the morning. As for the charts, how bout candlesticks with a couple of MA's show me the daily and yearly full screen the pan out and show me four separate charts on the same screen 52 week, 3 month, 1 week and intra-day.

Keep it simple but informative, quick info at a glance, something professionals could use. I guess they realize professionals consider them useless and they really are trying to impress Cramer's "home gamers".

Hope Bloomberg sends the producer a nice big Christmas basket with a personalized thank-you card.

:D

#47     Dec 20, 2005
  8. As bad as the new format is, it's still better than having to listen to Larry Kudlow.

#48     Dec 20, 2005
  9. Hey, maybe we can get them to have Becky Quick to start announcing in a 2 piece swimsuit :) ........that should make it interesting .................hehehe

#49     Dec 20, 2005
  10. nitro

nitro

I don't know about the new format because that stuff is just sugar coating anyway.

What I was really impressed with is they allowed Bob Pisani to go to the UPS spec post and show her opening the stock, and finally having to indicate it.

That was really cool and useful, and AFAIK, unprecedented.

nitro

#50     Dec 20, 2005