New CNBC Format - Big Mistake

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Choad, Dec 19, 2005.

1. jsmooth

jsmooth

#11     Dec 19, 2005
  2. Ebo

Ebo

CLICK!!!

That is the worst noise I have ever experienced from my TV set.
    The next time it gets played will be the last, and back to Bloomberg TV or music.

#12     Dec 19, 2005
  3. JORGE

JORGE

Agree, the ticker is now useless and the sound effects are extremely annoying. I also think it is a tremendous conflict of interest to have a news desk set up at the exchange. Makes it a little difficult to have an objective voice.

#13     Dec 19, 2005
  4. sammybea

sammybea

Thats so funny you guys mention it.. This is the first time I actually checked out bloomberg. I know CNBC must be hurting in the ratings and thats why they probably hired some makeover directer.. and struck out big time. Whats the deal with flashing the cnbc alert in neon green constantly. The upstairs ticker is just a joke because it shortens the screen and all you now see is the flashing of the graphics. The cheesey noise effects are laughable. I think a third grader could have come up with something more interesting. Honestly, CNBC singlehandly shot themselves in the foot probably by hiring a director/producer that forgot about his target audience.. people who are actually smarter than he is.

#14     Dec 19, 2005
  5. #15     Dec 19, 2005
  6. Crap, I already got spam back.

---------------
    You're invited to join the newest exchange...

the CNBCexchange

Have a chance to be rewarded for you opinions
    At CNBC we cover all the exchanges. Now, CNBC has created the CNBC exchange where viewers can let us know how we are doing.

You are part of a select group of CNBC viewers who are being invited to join our new opinion exchange. When you go to <<http://www.cnbcexchange.com/>> and answer our first survey, you will be entered to win a cash prize of $1,000. We are particularly interested in hearing from those of you who watch us at work. Selected entrants will be asked to join the CNBC exchange. Even if you are not selected as a panelist, you are still eligible for the cash prize.

We promise that we will keep our surveys short and easy to understand and answer. Your responses may influence what you see on CNBC and your privacy is guaranteed. In fact, we don't even want to know your last name (unless you are a contest winner and we need to send you the prize) and if at any point you do not want to receive any further survey requests, you will be able to unsubscribe from the CNBC Exchange. If selected to join the CNBC Exchange, you will be asked to complete about one survey a month.

So click on the link and have your voice heard.
    Sincerely,

The CNBC Exchange Team

#16     Dec 19, 2005

7. haha.. yes just got the same spam.. lol

#17     Dec 19, 2005
  8. probably could drop the thousandth of a second ticker off the clock

#18     Dec 19, 2005
  9. Lol, I was just about to say that. How dramatic!!! :p

#19     Dec 19, 2005
  10. sammybea

sammybea

God, thats the best. What idiots.