New Business Jet

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by marketsurfer, Aug 5, 2009.

1. I agree. FWIW, not too many jets are powered by auto V8s. This is the engine considered for the Hines, turbo-aspirated: http://www.v8seabee.com/

:p

#21     Aug 6, 2009

2. thanks, i apprieciate the review. it didn't seem right to me, but i lack the tech background to evaluate it.

best surf

#22     Aug 6, 2009
  3. There's no way in hell that you can fit the complement of a Bombardier CRJ-200 into that little Hines capsule.

[​IMG]

does not equal

[​IMG]

#23     Aug 6, 2009
  4. I would like to know what the blades of the fan are made of, and could the container handle a bird strikes and keep everything contained. That is so important with turbine engines. I realize it’s not a turbine, but could it handle a bird strike.

#24     Aug 6, 2009

5. It's not me, they approached me for investment...

surf

#25     Aug 6, 2009
  6. Product liability insurance is a problem for plane builders as I recall a long time ago- check it out.

#26     Aug 6, 2009
  7. I'm a pilot, VP of an aviation organization and currently building my next airplane.

I don't believe in the data the company puts forward. Hell, we just spend over 1k in fuel alone in a fuel efficient piston plane (more efficient than turbines) for a trip similar to MIA/JFK. I just spent some time at AirVenture and they were not there...

If you invest in that company, I have some investment for you... and they risk/reward will be better. I love aviation but, with a few notables exceptions, it's not an industry I'd invest in.

#27     Aug 7, 2009
  8. Cessna 172 first officer doesn't count :p

#28     Aug 8, 2009