New book on Price Action

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by DrPepper, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Hinsight charts, live price action recordings, simulator via your broker platform, education material and real trading via a small position size...

Do any of the above all by itself you'll put yourself at a disadvantage.

Do all of the above as part of your learning process...you'll be ahead of the pack.

Mark

#11     Mar 7, 2009
  2. Amen Mark

My 2 cents: Trade only ONE Symbol...get to know it, get to love it.

I trade ES: It had 20 tradable swings(4pts++) yesterday...157.75pts possible. Catch only 10%, and you make a good income.

#12     Mar 7, 2009
  3. JScott

JScott

Fully true. But if you are a price action type trader, then you should read this book. It will give you a unique perspective on price action trading methods and techniques. Thereby making your screen time more productive.

#13     Mar 7, 2009
  4. I went to the links to check it and it appears as unreleased.

Have you read it ?

Susana

#14     Mar 7, 2009
  5. da-net

da-net

If you want to learn price action along with volume from the perspective of someone that has traded that method for years and understands that we all still do stupid things, you might consider going to the following website, reading the archive chats from '01 to '06 then joining the chatroom on Tues, Wed, & Thurs evenings

http://www.ltg-trading.com/

It will not cost you anything but your time. btw..there are a few traders in there using the method and clearly state that it required at least two years of chart time just to get to the point of understanding some price action

#15     Mar 7, 2009
  6. JScott

JScott

No, sorry for the obfuscation. But I'm very familiar with Al Brooks' style and approach. By my own personal analysis, it's a sensible, holistic approach that is pure price action - with maybe one moving average thrown in which is a trendline proxy.

I trade my own PA style which is not quite like Al's - more like AHG. Nonetheless, his six(?) articles in Futures mag are the only articles I've ever actually cut out and put in my research notebook. I've also listened to a few of his podcasts and and have watched his webinars (very rare).

I'm successful thus far with what I do, but call me paranoid or "prepared-oriented" in that I'm intrigued by his simple style of trading in case my stuff ever stops working.

Keep trading.

#16     Mar 7, 2009
  7. The first category title when you click on the website is "Wyckoff Class"

Bingo!

#17     Mar 7, 2009
  8. JScott

JScott

Susana, did you get the information I sent you?

#18     Mar 10, 2009
  9. Yeah, and there are 9 winners a day at Belmont Racetrack (when its open)

Catch only a few and you're rich.

Those same swings you kvell about could have been losers! 20 ways to lose.

Pikers.

#19     Apr 18, 2009
  10. ckumar88

ckumar88

Would anyone care to comment on the book, after reading it.
    regards.
    Kumar

#20     May 16, 2009