New Book Launch

Discussion in 'Economics' started by morganist, May 4, 2011.

1. morganist

morganist Guest

The donations part was just put up because it was standard for other think tanks. I also worked in IT in a way, although not full time. It is more of a hoby that I do.

I got my degree at Brighton. I only had the choice of Brighton or Sussex. Brighton had a better business school.

#51     May 4, 2011
  2. Ah I see. Do you trade or otherwise make any money on your economic theories? Or are your ideas mainly to inspire discussion?

Again, the only reason I ask is because I imagine it would take quite a bit of time to formulate and write elaborate economic theories, not to mention writing and self-publishing a book. Seems as though there wouldn't be much time for earning an income in traditional ways. But if you earn your living from this type of work, all the power to you Paul.

#52     May 4, 2011
  3. morganist

morganist Guest

I work as a macroeconomist in my spare time for years. I did it throughout my time as a bankruptcy clerk and other jobs. I even applied the skills I got from doing it to my jobs. The computer program I wrote while at the bank would not have been possible if I did not develop those skills to produce the taxation computer program. Linked below.

http://www.morganisteconomics.org.uk/javawebstart/TaxationModel/dist/Taxation_Model.jar

Here have a look.

#53     May 4, 2011
  4. Yes. Congratulations of publishing a book!

#54     May 4, 2011
  5. morganist

morganist Guest

Thank you for your support!

#55     May 4, 2011
  6. Congrads on publishing your book. Frankly, I think you should have had a higher price on the book. Books such as yours are not sold at a price point they're sold for thought and content.

I don't get the point of anyone offering a "free" review/critique who will only do so if you give them the material. I suppose it might be valid if it was someone I respected or qualified to offer a free review.

Interesting article I read recently about various researchers who sometimes only base work on self published books.

p.s. If you have a "promotional" copy, I'd send one to Trump, he might be President someday. I wouldn't waste a copy on Obama unless you have a lot of pictures in the book.

Good luck.

#56     May 4, 2011
  7. morganist

morganist Guest

Thank you for your support.

#57     May 4, 2011
  8. Bollocks. What part of "PRIVATE Message" don't you understand?

It's a cunt move to post a PM without permission.

#58     May 4, 2011
  9. sjfan

sjfan

Granted, it was a bit of an ass thing to do (to be fair, his boasts and lies were so terrible...it was somewhat astonishing) - On the other hand, don't I own the message as much as he does?

Again, message board messaging... let's not take it too seriously, friends.

#59     May 4, 2011
  10. rsi80

rsi80

For your edification, sjfan, there's a thing called etiquette.

#60     May 5, 2011