New Book Launch

Discussion in 'Economics' started by morganist, May 4, 2011.

1. Start with the premise of abundance instead of scarcity, add games of chance.....then

Fortunism and the ‘Fellowship of Fortuna’ are a body of teachings, a philosophy, and a contemporary way of living. The basic principles of this movement are ground in the assumption that chance or luck is the one and only trait that all people of our diverse world hold in common. As a result, the phenomenon of chance provides a platform from which human beings can unify, learn and grow. The realization of this potential for global harmony is the primary aim of the Fellowship’s teachings and practices.

#31     May 4, 2011
  2. morganist

morganist Guest

Not going to happen. Also in terms of review. It has been read by some of the most influencial economists in my country. And well received.

#32     May 4, 2011
  3. sjfan

sjfan

Okay - then just say so. No need to hide behind a 'web designer.'

Who reviewed it? What did they say?

#33     May 4, 2011
  4. morganist

morganist Guest

I'll have a look at it. But I don't think I will like it.

#34     May 4, 2011
  5. No problem. Its more of a philosophy, but I like thinking about applying it to economics.

Even though I realize that's mostly fantasy.

#35     May 4, 2011
  6. sjfan

sjfan

Morganist - resorting to deleting my post I see - that really shows what kind of character you are

#36     May 4, 2011
  7. morganist

morganist Guest

You made a reference to a personal message I sent you on a public forum. That really shows what kind of character you are.

Incidentally that is standard practice for a moderator to remove private data which has been publically displayed on an open forum. This is not detrimental to my character of role as a moderator. It is simply the standard practice against your infringement of the sites privacy rules.

#37     May 4, 2011
  8. sjfan

sjfan

There's nothing public about that PM. There was no personal information. It's just your view. Your view is damaging - but you shouldn't be shielded from that.

PMs are not privileged. There's no implied confidentiality when you send me a message. It's been posted before.

#38     May 4, 2011
  9. morganist

morganist Guest

This is completely untrue. There is a confidenciality involved in PM's. That is why they are called Personal Messages. I am a moderator I understand this better than you.

If you want ask Joe or Baron. It is simply wrong. Both personally and according to site policy to post personal messages on the forum.

#39     May 4, 2011
  10. sjfan

sjfan

I don't see anything in the conduct rules. And yes, I have posted a thread in feedback requesting baron to clarify how whether it's kosher for a moderate to delete a post critical of that moderator.

Dude, ease up. This is a message board for god's sake. There's no confidentiality when it comes to a freaking message board personal message (I certainly haven't agreed to any).

#40     May 4, 2011