New Book Launch

Discussion in 'Economics' started by morganist, May 4, 2011.

1. sjfan

sjfan

Not even acknowledging my (actually sincere) offer?

#11     May 4, 2011
  2. Trying to get free books, SJ??

:D :p

#12     May 4, 2011
  3. jo0477

jo0477

yeah, we get it "they lose, they just lose"... every thread I open I have to read the same line.

Did you even open the link to see what the subject was?

I'm not going to pass any judgment on the quality of the work unless I've read it but I can certainly respect somebody who puts forth the effort to write.

#13     May 4, 2011
  4. sjfan

sjfan

I do like to read... and would like to know what aggregate demand control is.

#14     May 4, 2011
  5. No clue but --Taxes come to mind, maybe something more draconian?

#15     May 4, 2011
  6. sjfan

sjfan

It's something morganist came up with (or 'invented', as he likes to say).

From everything he's said, it sounds like some sort of central planning via the demand side with rather confusing mechanism for implementation. Somehow, it's also worth a lot of money (again, according to him).

It sounds like lack of basic understanding of (very basic) economics. But like I offered, I'm willing to give a fair shake at it.

#16     May 4, 2011
  7. morganist

morganist Guest

Here is a link to a paper that discusses aggregate demand management. A similar concept anyway.

http://econ.blog.us/Teaching_Folder/Econ_202b/readberk/Diamond.pdf

#17     May 4, 2011
  8. Pullman's capitalist utopia type stuff, Ripley's brook farm?

#18     May 4, 2011
  9. sjfan

sjfan

So you didn't 'invent' it? Also, I don't think this paper is about what you are thinking about (it's not about controlling anything; it has to do with natural (or lack of) rate of unemployment; and yes, I've read it before).

Now, dodging my offer? Why?

#19     May 4, 2011
  10. morganist

morganist Guest

Not really. I use completely different methods than before.

Also you have to understand there are issues with monetarism and supply side theories and how they interact with the money supply when delivering a banking system.

#20     May 4, 2011