New Blog for Day TRADERS!

Discussion in 'Events' started by Spectra, Jan 11, 2007.

1. <i>"I am not a trader. I am a writer, you might say investigative journalist, if you must know.( a rather well known one in certain niche areas.....)"</i>

Colin, I understand your position much better now. On a side note, I'm a rather well-known author in a niche industry (not trading or financials) myself... five how-to books and 100+ magazine articles bylined. So I do understand what you do and what you seek here.

Thanks for the descript... and good luck with the expose`. I do hope you hear from an honest cross-section of trials, instead of tilted heavily toward disgruntled while the happy campers remain mute to avoid being bar-b-qued

Best Journalist Wishes

#41     Jan 25, 2007
  2. Dear <b>Colin</b>,

I'm confused. You are an investigative journalist. A job that requires gathering facts, remaining neutral on the issue while presenting all sides of a story. I've always wanted to be an investigative reporter myself, but alas I'm just a trader. Still, now & then I see some things that just don't make sense to me.

Since the inception of PureTick ads and posts in here, you've been a very vocal critic. One of the lengthy threads that has since been deleted had a lot of your posts that were highly biased (even emotional) against the PureTick offer.

Anyone who knows me here likewise knows I have zero agenda to promote someone selling information = live room service. To say the least. All I ever said from day one was to give the guys a chance to walk their walk. They've done so, we see some positive reports coming in, so be it.

It confounds me why someone like yourself, with no agenda at all would have been so passionately opposed to short-term trading, scalping, running a live room forum, etc. It just doesn't make sense. People who are passionate about something always have an agenda. After all... that's where the emotions of "passion" comes from. Right?

Indifference is the opposite of passion. I'm totally indifferent to the PureTick guys. I wish them the best, same for everyone else. But what they do / don't do is irrelevant to me. Giving them a fair chance to succeed or fail is the only self-interest I've ever taken.

Then this morning, I run across following ET thread:

<b>http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=85069</b>
    <i>
    colinwilson
    01-19-07 06:15 PM

Www.turtletrader.com from an actual turtle is the last word in turtle software. Plus its cheap and comes with unlimited support.

colinwilson
    01-19-07 06:56 PM

http://www.trendfollowing.com/order.html

Has anyone here used this methodology? 1999.00 seems like a steal for all this information. Its like a University course plus a trading system.

colinwilson

01-19-07 07:49 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote from infolode:

LOL Your mind is already made-up, plunk down those greenbacks and just wait for the gold rush.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can think of no other method than trend following that works all the time trading. Whether Coveel is a turtle or not seems irrelevent. He has studied all the turtles plus has met with all the big fund managers who use the trend/turtle system then distills there wisdom into this course. It would take someone years to do all this work, but you can buy a short cut for just 1999.00. This information is simply unavailable elsewhere. Yes you can get bits and pieces, but no one has ever put it all together in a complete course. I mean, banks and hedge funds consult with this guy all the time, I am sure they pay way more than 1999.00 for this privlege. The institutions would not consult with Coveel unless they saw it as being worthwhile, right?? Just look at this extensive list of all the money management companies and banks who took his course and follow his methods:
    http://trendfollowing.com/corporations.html

Smith Barney, Goldman Sach, Mellon--They all took this course! there is no way these firms would allow him to link to them and say this if it was not true.

You can't argue with these big fish! I would sure take there endorsement over anything on elite trader.

Colin </i>

Yesterday you accused BearBelly of being a possible shill for Puretick. Heaven forbid if he's a plant that will lure in newbies for a $10 trial of even (gasp) a $200+ monthly cost to join the PureTick room.

Yet here we see you passionately endorsing Michael Covell's turtle-mirror course for $1,995.00 USD. That is ten times the cost of PureTick's offer, yet you think it is a "steal" (your word) for newbies. Interesting concept.

An originial turtle exchanged some facts with you in that thread, which you apparently ignored or dismissed. Seems to me, an investigative reporter would dig much deeper into that story.

<b>Colin</b>, I think you're hunting the wrong possum here in ET. I would be a lot more interested in the real story with Covell, is he a true turtle or not, does he trade real money or not, does Dennis back him up or refute him, etc.

Might be a real smoking gun there. You might even save many hapless newbies $1,995.00 for a dated approach most cannot possibly follow for capital and emotional reasons.

Looking forward to a much more interesting expose`
    Austin

#42     Jan 26, 2007
  3. PureSlick

#43     Jan 26, 2007
  4. <i>PureSlick</i>

Which one?

#44     Jan 26, 2007
  5. My trial ends today and I wont subscribe beyond that because I prefer my own method although I am almost tempted to subscribe just for the company. Its a pretty good group of people. I have satisfied my curiousity. I think the price is fair and the information good. I think total newbies will have a hard row to hoe but that would be true for any room. Somebody with a bit of experience might find some real benefit. Thats my 2 cents worth and the last I will say on the subject but I will answer any questions.

#45     Jan 26, 2007
  6. All good points, Mr. P.

I am interested in the real story also--- sometimes a little gorilla tactics is needed for the truth to rise up. make sense??

Trying to stir the pot a little on both subjects. Cov*ll and his supposed trademarked "turtle trading" "trend following" I expected more vehemenent reponse to my comments. Carry on.

CW

#46     Jan 26, 2007
  7. Thank you, Bearbelly. Your comments are noted. Anyone else??

CW

#47     Jan 26, 2007
  8. Mvic

Mvic

I was in the room for a couple of days and while they are obviously still new to this room/membership concept and a little amateurish (which actually works to a newbies benefit in the sense that they do a lot of handholding and explanation of the basics that they might forgo as they get a bigger membership) they seem on the level and I think a newbie would certainly benefit from subscribing and will probably make a little bit of money while learning the ropes or at least not lose as much as they would on their own. They are very conservative with their track record reporting. They have this max span strategy that did well the days I was in there (+40 YM points stop though is 40 points). They are on the right track and are all about discipline, money management, not overtrading, and sticking to their plan (perhaps sometimes to the detriment of entries and exits, perhaps) and certainly newbies need that lesson. Is it worth the fee each month? Well I would say that it is if it makes you money and it isn't is it doesn't and the only way you will know which camp you fall in to is to try it. Can you make money following their signals to the letter, probably. I think I will give it a month as the room leader Alex is a decent discretionary trader and the maxspan trade looks interesting. Yes they seem like good helpful people too. Long on being professional and objective and short on trader bs and braggadocio.

I often waited and got better entries than they did (I have been doing this a long time) but I also didn't hold winners as long as they did and so net their performance (Alex's) was better than mine the days I was in the room. They have a guy calling ES trades I think unofficially and as an experiment who traded like a newbie and whom I consistently beat but the real value I saw was Alex's official YM calls and the max span.

I have also tried LBR's live futures room and find that this one actually has more value. It is always interesting to see what trades another profitable trader takes and how they rate them and especially where they decide to exit and why.

#48     Jan 28, 2007
  9. :confused:

#49     Jan 28, 2007
  10. Not really any good content, only pagerank 3 and loaded with adsense. Quite a shame this was let on the boards as I have seen some great blogs posted before that were taken down with NO adsense that were much better.

:mad:

#50     Jan 29, 2007