New Blog for Day TRADERS!

Discussion in 'Events' started by Spectra, Jan 11, 2007.

1. I agree. This guy seems legit, so far. the question is, does he know anything worth paying for?

surf

#21     Jan 17, 2007
  2. Astro, yes Tuesday wasn't a feel good time. Contract stats are at bottom. MaxSpan uses 3.

As far as the service being worth it or not. I'd say that depends on the skill level of the particular trader.

I'd check out some of the free audio logs and room logs before signing on.

http://puretick.com/audio_logs/

CajunSniper / Puretick.com Administrator-Trader

#22     Jan 17, 2007
  3. I posted this in the thread in Index Futures, but not sure if that was the right spot...

I always wondered this - why do services like PureTick seem to quote numbers based on multiple contracts? PureTick says "Profit based on 5 contract trades on Dow E-Mini YM. If you are trading with 1 contract, you'd just divide the total P&L by 5 to find your total profit/loss potential."

Why not just make it easy and give us the per contract number? I realize by showing $16,854 is more impressive than $3370.80, but that is what the per contract breakdown is, correct? Maybe I am missing something here.

And then take 47 trading days (sorry if that is off, it wasn't easy calculating exactly how many trading days are posted on the site) = $71.72 per contract, per day on average. Which is about 14-15 YM points per day on average. I do like that PureTick adds in a $5 round trip commission charge as well, most services do not do that.

So, as the current track record stands, if you are making less than 14 YM points per day, it may be worthwhile for you to take the $10 trial.

There was another service like PureTick that I was looking at and the cumulative $ amount seemed impressive. Till I read the fineprint that said they trade lots of 6 on the ES. The per contract breakdown per trading day was less than 1 pt. If you do the full math sometimes it's amazing what's out there.

Just wondering someone from PureTick why you chose increments of 5.

Thanks!

PS
    Sorry if my logic is wrong here, just trying to figure this out...

#23     Jan 17, 2007
  4. Hi brown,

We took a poll to find out what the average contract size the people in our free 'initial room' were trading. Answers ranged from 1 to 10 cars in general. Decided on 5 as a healthy medium. I personally only trade from 3 usually. Also-- the MaxSpan trade is based on 3 cars on our record. Of course, yes it does look better the more contracts you add. When you divide our current record in to one contract you get $3,581 profit with one contract for the last two months. If someone visiting our site already does better then that, I'd suggest they keep doing what they're doing. I couldn't even come close to that when I started out in 1999.

#24     Jan 19, 2007
  5. The logice makes sense, but if the actual owner(s) of the site trade 3, I would think that 3 is the number everything should be based off of. But, it is what it is.

#25     Jan 19, 2007
  6. boid-dog

boid-dog

it seems that "car(s)" is used by traders who don't actually ever make it down to the floor. yea, it's an old term, but when i hear it used in a forum it sounds to me like someone who wants to come off as an old timer. cars, of course, was used by grain traders of 'yore.' don't recall hearing a pro use that term in a 'coon's age'--even in the grain room.

#26     Jan 20, 2007
  7. I took the trial in this room just out of curiosity. Im not quite sure who Spectra is. Alex is the one running the show and, imo, he is the real deal. Hes been around for awhile and the stories are almost worth the subscription price. His niche is scalping the Ym and he is pretty good at it. He scales in and out and this is an essential part of the strategy, imo, so if you are trading one contract it is kind of hard to follow. If your account allows you to trade multiple contracts (cars:)) and you want to follow calls then you might want to take a look at this site.

#27     Jan 20, 2007
  8. Brown, Alex trades from 1 to 50 contracts on average. It really depends on each setup. I trade 3 on MaxSpan and that is the amount reflected on the record.

If we used the amount Alex trades on the record the results would be way more and would not look as humble.

CajunSniper / Puretick.com Administrator-Trader

#28     Jan 20, 2007
  9. what does maxpan mean
    and what does trigger mean
    Let say if i was trading 2 contract or 1 contract there would be any difference as in 1 contract u can,t scale out - ?

#29     Jan 20, 2007
  10. #30     Jan 21, 2007