New Blog for Day TRADERS!

Discussion in 'Events' started by Spectra, Jan 11, 2007.

1. I note their blog stops on Tuesday. Were they really run off Elite and had to close down?

this is from their site:

CFTC RULE 4.41 - HYPOTHETICAL OR SIMULATED PERFORMANCE RESULTS HAVE CERTAIN LIMITATIONS. UNLIKE AN ACTUAL PERFORMANCE RECORD, SIMULATED RESULTS DO NOT REPRESENT ACTUAL TRADING. ALSO, SINCE THE TRADES HAVE NOT BEEN EXECUTED, THE RESULTS MAY HAVE UNDER-OR-OVER COMPENSATED FOR THE IMPACT, IF ANY, OF CERTAIN MARKET FACTORS, SUCH AS LACK OF LIQUIDITY. SIMULATED TRADING PROGRAMS IN GENERAL ARE ALSO SUBJECT TO THE FACT THAT THEY ARE DESIGNED WITH THE BENEFIT OF HINDSIGHT. NO REPRESENTATION IS BEING MADE THAT ANY ACCOUNT WILL OR IS LIKELY TO ACHIEVE PROFIT OR LOSSES SIMILAR TO THOSE SHOWN.

Its tough to make money on a simulator. Well, atleast they let us know.

surf:confused: :eek:

#11     Jan 17, 2007
  2. mxjones

mxjones

Mark - the distinction I make is that they do not sell advisory services, or anything they "create".

I don't understand someone with a website who is selling something they create also putting Google ads on their site. To me, it implies a lack of faith in their product. It is like saying - I have this for sale, but if you do not want my product check out my Google ads so I can make some money from you that way.

Out of the bloggers I read - some have ads, some do not. But I don't mind if they try to earn a few dollars for all the free content and work.

Sorry I was not more clear.

#12     Jan 17, 2007
  3. Surdo

Surdo

I think he writes today's BLOG tommorow!
    Kind of like the old lottery ticket joke.
    This way he is always right.

surdo

#13     Jan 17, 2007

4. no, dont agree. the blog actually seems honest--they took big hits on tuesday. however, they did seem rather new to the game. at least they tell you they really are not trading.

surf

#14     Jan 17, 2007
  5. Thanks for the clarification.

By the way, I know a popular blog (won't mention it because I personally know the blog owner and do not like him) that makes about $2,700 per month from revenue from his affiliations and sponsors posted at his blog.

That's good money for free content and good writing skills.

Maybe I should start a blog to fund my toddlers future college education because college will cost a ton of money about 15 years from now especially if they go to the U.S. for their education (foreign students).

:p :D :cool:

Mark

#15     Jan 17, 2007
  6. mxjones

mxjones

Mark - nonstock blogs are the way to go, I think. Some of the tech blogs and political blogs and gossip blogs make $10,000+ a month off of ads. Not all, but the top ones do.

I think X mentioned that he made a few grand last year (the whole year). I would suspect Mike makes a decent amount, because he is into monetizing and ad placement.

#16     Jan 17, 2007
  7. YES exactly. I took a big hit tuesday (in cash) . ( - 40 pts) If the reports were dishonest, I definitely wouldn't of mentioned that in the track record or the blog. That stop was a break out system that just didn't work that day. Should be noted that we've never been stopped out on that setup until yesterday.

I just had a phone conversation with Alex on how we could make the track record even more accurate.

I trade cash, Alex trades cash and Bear (our other admin/jr trader) switches between the simulator and cash from time to time.

CajunSniper / Puretick.com Administrator-Trader

#17     Jan 17, 2007
  8. HI Spectra
    That was a big Hit on monday
    If u get 3 to 4 negative hit i think that will bad
    but there was somehting i was wondering all the call,s do you,ll make are you,ll trading with 1 contract or 3 or 5
    i mean $16K in 3 month is preety good

#18     Jan 17, 2007
  9. Why not just post the trade blotters end of the day. Can't get any more real than this.

thanks,

surf

#19     Jan 17, 2007
  10. Atleast he is not claiming like Franc Trader,s Internatonal who claims to be trading 100 emini ( on a fking sim and charges a arm and leg for a chatroom
    does any one know if TI will be at the trader expo - ?
    i want to see them trading on a sim ehheheehehh

#20     Jan 17, 2007