New Benghazi Emails May Implicate Obama

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Oct 31, 2012.

1. pspr

pspr

On Tuesday night’s “On the Record with Greta Van Susteren” on the Fox News Channel, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich said that major news networks might have secret emails proving that the White House canceled plans to assist the besieged U.S. Embassy in Benghazi.

Gingrich said that the bombshell emails could be revealed within the next two days.

“There is a rumor — I want to be clear, it’s a rumor — that at least two networks have emails from the National Security Adviser’s office telling a counterterrorism group to stand down,” Gingrich said. “But they were a group in real-time trying to mobilize marines and C-130s and the fighter aircraft, and they were told explicitly by the White House stand down and do nothing. This is not a terrorist action. If that is true, and I’ve been told this by a fairly reliable U.S. senator, if that is true and comes out, I think it raises enormous questions about the president’s role, and Tom Donilon, the National Security Adviser’s role, the Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta, who has taken it on his own shoulders, that he said don’t go. And that is, I think, very dubious, given that the president said he had instructions they are supposed to do everything they could to secure American personnel.”

After noting that the rumor, if true, would have a substantial impact on the presidential election, Gingrich pointed to another possible “October surprise” in the coming days.

“The other big story, I think, that is going to break is on corruption and extraordinary waste in the solar power grants and direct involvement by the Obama White House, including the president, in the solar panel grants involving billions of dollars, and I suspect that’s going to break Wednesday and Thursday of this week,” Gingrich added.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/31/g...orism-group-to-stand-down-on-benghazi-rescue/

2. Leon Panetta is going to end up taking the fall for this. The ground work is already being laid with his lame excuse of not wanting to send more people into harms way. We'll be told that Obama left it in his hands, and Panetta made the decision to not provide any help, which relieves Obama of any wrong doing. Frankly, that may be the case. While it does not excuse the idiotic policy of having people in such a precarious position to begin with, I can see how Obama can say he left this up to Panetta, and it was on Panetta to make the correct decision. If that is in fact the case, I could not fault Obama for the outcome, other than to say he should have not had them so exposed in the first place. Especially considering all the prior attacks and requests for more security.

3. pspr

pspr

Since he was meeting with Panetta and Biden at 5PM while this was happening I don't see how he can shift this all to Panetta. Regardless, if the emails really come out, Obama won't have a chance on Tuesday.

4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Of course Obama is being implicated. He was CIC at the time, no?

Kinda tough blaming Bush for this fuck up.

5. If these e-mails actually exist, Obama does have a problem for sure. However, if a General say's to a Colonel, do what you think is best, it's then on the Colonel. Is that the best leadership? No. A more direct and specific order is needed, but then he is a politician first and foremost. Specifics is not their strong suit. Plausible deniability is what it's all about.

6. JamesL

JamesL

I think he means NEXT Weds or Thurs.

7. Orders to "Stand Down" are very specifc.

8. I think Obama should have had the same attitude with his subordinates about Benghazi as he's had about the storm relief effort -- basically, don't tell me how you can't help, tell me how you can.

Obama's driven by self-interest and with the election next week he's motivated for selfish reasons to appear proactive, which unfortunately was not the case when it came to saving our people in Benghazi .

9. Yes it is. Who gave that order? I'm guessing it was Panetta, based a being given a wishy washy order by Obama. Pure speculation on my part. If it was in fact Obama, he should be impeached immediately should he win the election.

10. I thought that exact same thing when I heard him say that.

#10     Oct 31, 2012