New Beginnings

Discussion in 'Options' started by slidertrader, Sep 8, 2006.

1. To all you experienced option traders out there...

1. How did you get your start in options?

2 .Did you graduate to options after being successful in other instruments (eg. stocks)?

2. MTE

MTE

I was fascinated by options in college. Initially started trading stocks, but after a year moved on to options. Now, looking to diversify into futures.

3. ktm

ktm

I moved into options at first to hedge stocks, then eventually gave up on stocks altogether.

4. First heard about them in college. Seemed cooler and more unique than plain old stocks...

5. greed.

6. Prevail

Prevail Guest

reading ken roberts and wade cook of course. :D

7. I'm almost embarrassed to admit it, but I first came across options at an Anthony Robbins "wealth mastery" seminar many moons ago. Initially put them on the backburner because it was "too difficult". Next I came across a basic and then an advanced options course given by our Sydney Futures Exchange (lol). Put them on the backburner again because it was too impractical and theoretical. Then came across an 'optionetics' ad, signed up and did their intermediate course. Tinkered with them for a bit and then lapsed for a while (our market, ASX, was relatively illiquid and still is to a large extent). Decided to repeat their course numerous more times and finally a light bulb came on in regard to how options actually work. So, here I am hanging out on ET (and other boards) to keep myself focused and motivated and picking up bits and pieces from those who know more, whilst also trading with real money (US and Australian markets) - having somehow gravitated toward mostly collars, iron condors and bwb's and trying to learn the art of adjustment. I think I've still got a long way to go :(,but hopefully all my friends (and I like to think of all of you as my friends, even though we haven't really met) here at ET will help me with my journey. I think I'm getting a little teary here, so better stop before I start bawling my eyes out (the missus might wonder what's going on :)).
    daddy's boy

8. Umm, I hope you all realise that a lot of my posts are kind of tongue in cheek, the bits about crying and hugging, that sort of stuff. Right? I mean, I'm not really a daddy's boy, it's just a handle because I have a t-shirt with "daddy's boy" on it (it's from a gay designer but I didn't know that at the time - not that there's anything wrong with that). I'm happily married and have a kid. Just thought I'd clear that up since there may have been a bit of confusion.
    Cheerio
    Daddy's boy