new asus--usb 3.0 and sata III

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by new$, Jul 14, 2009.

1. new$

new$

2. Eight

Eight

I stick with Intel mobos and processors all the way. I had a problem once that traced to an AMD processor, software ran a little different on it so it hit me, software developers likely do all their testing on Intel stuff and let the rest of the chips fall where they may...

3. I buy Asus mobo's because Intel's mobo technology always seems to lag their procesor technology and moden ram technology.

My trading box has an Asus P5K64WS mobo with DDR3 and a 1333fsb with an Intel quad Core2 Extreme processor. At the time all Intel had to offer was DDR2 and 1066fsb. Plus the P5K64WS has four PCIeX16 slots. You can literally wallpaper a wall in your office with monitors if you so choose. I thoroughly enjoy my Asus mobo trading box. I have never had a problem with it and it has zero fragments on all drives. The Seagate ES series drives are mirrored with shadowing and offsite backups nightly.

Thanks for the post. It's nice to see Asus raising the bar even higher. Now let's watch Intel play catch up.