New: Apple has BIG breakthrough in battery life!!

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by wilburbear, Dec 26, 2011.

1. balda

balda

“Our country's continuing reliance on fossil fuels has forced our government to maintain complicated political and military relationships with unstable governments in the Middle East, and has also exposed our coastlines and our citizens to the associated hazards of offshore drilling,” Apple says in the patent filings.

Above statement has nothing to do with patent, why would Apple use that kind of verbiage for patent filing?

2. Good news

Apple's iPhone battery lasts for weeks without needing recharge

Bad news

The warranty is good for ten minutes.

3. wilddog

wilddog

YAWN, Seeing is Believing

4. looks like I'm gonna be loading up even more on FCEL.... Fuel Cell Energy ! woohoo

5. The problem with fuel cells or in this case price appreciation of fcel according to Nutmeg is somehow in the grand scheme of things are licensing fees.Cos who use this technology have to pay for it and no one want to.This is second hand info which I never bothered to follow up because frankly I couldn't find any info to confirm how this would play out. But hey, go look at a 5 year chart, boring as hell. Ditto on Plug Power.It's not about the technology it's about the way using/paying for it is structured.

6. pupu

pupu

Whoo! Hooo!

More time to play angry birds and farmvile!

Zynga zynga to the moon!

BUYBUYBUY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

7. you are 100% right here. This is partially why this technology hasn't taken off yet. These companies make a boatload of their revenue from maintenance costs associated with fuel cells than actually selling the fuel cells themselves. But, much of the problem lies in the fact that its an infantile industry.

I've always thought its a great idea to put a few thousand in some of this speculative alt energy stocks as a small portion of your portfolio with the slight hope it might turn into a big winner.