New and Improved Qcharts

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by jay567, Jan 20, 2004.

1. jay567

jay567

Hey,

Anyone using Qcharts? I just received an email from Qcharts claiming that they were new and improved...

Their claims include:

Engine
    We're beefing up our servers and now enjoying 100% system uptime.
    We're turbo-charging our data feed so that real-time** streaming data now reaches you in the blink of an eye.
    We archive the deepest historical data in the industry, over six years' worth.

Body
    The benefits and features you get on the screen:

Unlimited real-time** streaming quotes and charts
    Advanced charting with over 100 technical studies and overlays
    Dynamic hot lists screen and highlight the biggest market movers
    Breaking news from 17 leading providers

Cost
    A clear pricing structure with no hidden surcharges
    A special, limited-time promotion of 3 months for the price of 1*!

2. I thought I'd try q-charts as a back up for a couple of weeks. This morning was the first time I tried to use it and data was pretty erratic for the first 20 or 30 minutes. Dont know if this is typical but not a good way to start.

3. H2O

H2O

I don't think it supports multimonitors :mad:
    I switched to eSignal and they support multimonitors :)

Data quality : I hope Quote has improved, because it was bad when I used it. This will also give me a chance to have a backup for eSignal. :p

4. All day long my data has been off as usual.

Unless there is another upgrade I have to instal it still the same old junk.

5. thats funny i have 4 monitors running with it. the data is still problematic tho. changing servers a lot. especially at open. not good to have to worry about data at market open.

6. ktm

ktm

They would not send that email to current users. We know better.

They just keep selling and selling. The servers are still unreliable and the options data is not useful as most of the trades are missing. Thankfully, I don't do much equity trading these days. If I did, I would not be able to rely on QCharts to know where the market stands.

The charting package is nice overall, but support is pretty bad.

7. QCharts is crap as a real time quote service.

BUT ...as a research tool it can't be beat for the price.

8. BSAM

BSAM

:D :D :D :D :D

9. Actually I think QCharts is one of the best platforms for multimonitors. You can track the vertical cursor over all windows simultaneously.

10. opm8

opm8

I keep getting "buy 1 month, get 2 more free!!!!!!" emails from them. This is the surest sign they're tanking hard.

Maybe if they lowered their price to $10/month I'd consider them for a backup.

--opm8

#10     Jan 20, 2004