New AMD FirePro Graphics Card keeps crashing

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by qqq, Oct 20, 2017.

1. just21

just21

Nvidia have a 2d NVS range of multi monitor cards 2,4 and 8 ports. Everyone on this forum used to use those as they were fanless. Later models have a fan.

#31     Oct 27, 2017
  2. just21

just21

Is there an alternative to snagit that will work with the latest driver?

#32     Oct 27, 2017
  3. qqq

qqq

Pluggable has some limitations. Max Resolution is limited to 1080p.

My monitors are 24 inch & cards give 1920x1200 which is better for me.

I don't think their setup & hardware can run 12, 24 inch monitors.

#33     Oct 27, 2017
  4. qqq

qqq

Don't know but have been using SnagIt for over 15 years.

It works well with 12 monitors. I can choose any combination of monitors to get a screenshot & I take lots of screenshots for various purposes.

#34     Oct 27, 2017
  5. qqq

qqq

Really appreciate the offer.

I was going to get the new system when warranty n this m/c expired in April this year. But I was encouraged by some on this forum that these workstations ( Dell T-7500 ) could last as much as 10 years & mine was only 5 years old.

But unfortunately all of my problems started 2 months after expiry.

First power supply, then short circuit then video cards etc. etc.

Being novice with hardware, I decided to go with Dell workstation because It had 3 slots ( 2 X16 & one X16 wired as 8 ) which were good enough to drive these FirePro 2460 low profile fanless cards.

Dells support was pretty good next day service & gave me peace of mind. They always come with replacement parts & don't fool with anything else.

I am trying to put together a new system to run 12, 24 inch monitors with a resolution of 1920x1200.

I will contact you for help.

Thank You for the offer.

#35     Oct 27, 2017
  6. just21

just21

Scat will be along shortly to recommend a new workstation.

#36     Oct 27, 2017
  7. just21

just21

#37     Oct 27, 2017
  8. qqq

qqq

I agree that I have been having hardware problems & they all started after my warranty expired & system worked flawlessly for 5 years. But I don't think I created any of the problems I described.

Configuration : One of my cards with GDDR3 failed & replacement cards were all GDD5 so I asked if there would be conflict.

Shock : Suddenly out of nowhere one socket of the surge protector had grounding problem.

Video Card : Bought a brand new but keeps crashing.

Please suggest how could I have prevented any of the above.

#38     Oct 27, 2017
  9. qqq

qqq

For some reason newer versions of snagit ( 2015 onwards ) are having problems with multi monitors. I am not able to capture random monitor screens that I can with older versions. I tried hard but no luck.

I really appreciate your continuous effort with new suggestions.

#39     Oct 27, 2017
  10. just21

just21