Nevis Trading

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by aristo1010, Sep 3, 2010.

1. A virtual office ?!

Can such a operation be trusted ?

#11     Sep 6, 2010
  2. I posted this before in another Nevis thread:

This is from a post on this thread from Nevis Trading ( http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showt...jc&pagenumber=2 ). I trade at JC and know some Canadian traders who have traded at Nevis for 2 years and only have great things to say about them. :

06-04-08 12:28 AM

Thank you for your interest in Nevis Trading. This offshore fund was created for the international non-US, active trader. We offer both "per ticket" and "per share" clearing using the Laser platform. Besides the US equity markets we are now able to offer trading on The Toronto Stock Exchange as well.

To help facilitate the marketing, administration, and risk management functions, we have hired JC Trading Group to work as consultants. We have worked with JC Trading for two years and are honored to be associated with a firm with such a fine reputation.

Please visit our website, www.nevistrading.com to learn more about us. You can call/IM on Skype at "nevistrading". Also, for your convenience, we have a Canadian phone number, 778-785-1570.

Thank You.

#12     Sep 6, 2010
  3. a statement from their site is evidence that they are trustworthy?

#13     Sep 7, 2010
  4. Why would you say they aren't trustworthy? Have you dealt with them? These are the facts: 1) People on ET have traded with them and no one has said anything negative about them....only positive remarks. 2) They have been a sponsor here for over 2 years 3) They are incorporated in Nevis, which you think is bad....however, most offshore trading firms are incorporated in countries such as Nevis...for example, to the best of my knowledge, Title Trading is incorporated in Cyprus...are they trustworthy?

#14     Sep 8, 2010
  5. cstfx

cstfx

A statement from an anonymous message board user hiding behind a faux personality is evidence that they are not?

#15     Sep 8, 2010
  6. Your evidence and arguments comes across like a kindergarten reading primer... Practically none of your arguments is any more convincing than "Oh, yeah???" Did you complete elementary school, BTW?

1) unproven and "so what?"
    2) so was pureschtick, Timmay, and a few other crass simpletons
    3) this has almost the opposite effect. "Lots of people do stupid things, so you should too..." Cyprus? you have GOT to be kidding. The Turkish or the greek half? :)

#16     Sep 8, 2010
  7. Obviously this firm isn't for you...that doesn't mean it's not a good fit for others.

-Never argue with an idiot, they'll bring you down to their level , then beat you with experience

#17     Sep 8, 2010
  8. Just put him on ignore. Some offshore juristictions have much higher standards than USA or EU, whose banks and brokers ripped-off their consumers and brought down the financial system to its knees.

I have read a few posts of this guy and he does not make sense. He is asking people to prove or disprove things like whether the universe is designed or not. He is obviously in some state of severe psychosis.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=2946513#post2946513

#18     Sep 8, 2010

9. Here's what I see...

JC Trading / Nevis / Jag Trading seem to be either the same person(s) or they work together.
    Where exactly are their offices where I can drive up to & talk to the person(s) in charge ( Nevis OR JC trading)??

Reputable firms don't hide behind offshore mailboxes, unlisted phone numbers or unknown principals/owners.

They may well be very honest. I have no proof otherwise but come on, with so much fraud out there on the internet how can a guy be sure he'll get his money back?

It looks like, essentially, you're wiring these people your money and saying, yeah, I trust you.

Who audits their books? Business licenses? Compliance? Registrations? Are they regulated? If so, by whom?

These are all important if someone is considering sending them money to open an account. & only a fool would go by what someone on ET says.

Even then sometimes it's not enough. A lot of Madoff's customers got their money back but in the end...

#19     Sep 8, 2010
  10. Maybe this would be a good place to start:

http://www.jctradinggroup.com/

and:

http://www.jctradinggroup.com/contact.php

JC Trading Group
    6441 Inkster Road, Suite 130
    Bloomfield Hills, Michigan 48301

Office: 248.406.3250
    Fax: 248.254.7205

And there is no mystery, JC Trading does all the marketing, administrative, and risk management for Nevis. It has been posted on ET over and over again.

There are bios of the principals on the JC website. This isn't complicated, the two firms have been around for years and have excellent reputations.

#20     Sep 8, 2010