neveral0ne's ES - CL - 6E Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by neveral0ne, Nov 17, 2010.

1. NoDoji thank you for your words of wisdom and a compliment, much greatly appreciated from a legend like you :)

#41     Nov 23, 2010
  2. One trade today.

Sat patient waiting for a setup, had my 60 min and daily charts setup nicely , and played the 89 area of resistance on my charts, sniped in on the double top formed , and on the break of the 2nd highs' red candle , i had a limit order to short @ 80.80 at 9.55AM (Eastern).
    stop was 15 ticks higher. I knew the bears had to perform from that point on.. held it until 10.29AM ... then realized its WEDNESDAY !!!! AKA oil report day.. and paniced, and got out quickly at 88.11 for a +69 tick gain.

I am happy I realized because normally i avoid oil report days... its VEYR unfortunate on a day like today, i got out of it , and it droped another +70 ticks in my direction ... could had a whopping 100+ ticks minimum day... oh well.

Not sure how better I could have improved - still trading 1 contract.

also - if anyone is wondering or about to question me .. i havent posted in a while since im busy with a side project...

#42     Dec 8, 2010
  3. Done for the day.

Made 2 trades today on Crude. First one was a buy @ 9.55AM ... got filled @ 88.7 .. took a .09 tick hit stoped out @ 88.61 what happend was a failed breakout I assume, for breakouts usually my stops are tight since I know the bulls have to perform.

Since I was sure it was a failed breakout next thing I looked for was a re-entry to go short, I got my close below the EMA, shorted on the break of the doji - look alikes body's low 88.48 . stop was .15 ticks like always.. original target was 87.61 ... I decided to take a shower with my targets / stops in place .. got back was up around 520$ ... moved my SL to + 40 ticks .. got filled @ 88.08 for a 400$ profit....on the green candles.

Quick day....see you guys tomorow.

#43     Dec 9, 2010
  4. Couldn't resist, came back to the market, just shorted CL @ 80.36 got out for + .36 additional ticks - the second i saw the candle gap down lower , i droped in a market order to short, +10 tick stop loss... out above supprt for +36 .................

#44     Dec 9, 2010
  5. Finishing the day with + 105 ticks total on Oil..alot of action,

picture below.

I played the Oil Report..what I did was i had 2 stops.. 1 buy order and 1 sell order about 30 ticks apart, whichever one got filled first, I put 2 contracts on the opposite side stop just in case it reverses..... I guess I got lucky today, coz i took a small hit..... then it shot right up +70 ticks in my favor, I covered my stop and got put into a long...worked out perfect.

#45     Dec 15, 2010