Never Trade With Oanda If You Want To Trade Seriously

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by forestgril, Apr 4, 2008.

1. nexx

nexx

Yeah i understand that the demo isent top of the line hardware and all that but that is also your first impression of a brokers Service without reading the opinions of others that use Oanda, and it wasn't a good one for me, although i wouldn't fully put Oanda aside as a option because of the great opinions from some of its users. I never got disconnects on the demo platforms of InterbankFX, FX Solution, or FXCM, Granted theses brokers dont get the best reviews, not having disconnect is a Plus to me, i don't know about you guys.

#51     Apr 5, 2008
  2. On what timeframe?

And what would have happened to your 'proper fibo' if the number had come in positive 150k and the market had gapped down 100 pips :eek:

It's happened before, it's only a matter of time before it happens again and takes the market by surprise, and takes out all those lovely stops along the way :p

#52     Apr 5, 2008
  3. Hi i was Oanda customer for more 2 years , i was totaly happy by the trading services .

But since couples months , 8 trades on 10 get the problems with the spread latency . I mean thoses trade are never in my click prices , and i have had always some difference between the prices cilcked and the results , most of the time i had some 1 more points o the euro dollars and 1.5 on Cable .

So i have booght a new computer , check the DSL , all my stuffs are good .

I have made some test with some others oanda clients and i m totally sure , that my trading account is on a special sever only for kill us with the trading late order . So for the newbies , you have to avoid this company .

Now i am with a ECN , and i a m very happy now .

#53     Apr 5, 2008
  4. cstfx

cstfx

#54     Apr 5, 2008
  5. VictorS

VictorS

50/50 mixed reviews in ET's broker ratings. Anyone using interbank fx (ibfx)? Please provide comments.

I wont be using oanda.

#55     Apr 5, 2008
  6. Lets keep in mind that there has not been one single post that I can find about a disconnect during yesterdays NFP. That's awesome. The good things always go unmentioned while one guy in Timbuktu who experienced a disconnect will probably end up starting a thread about it.

And lets also not forget the numerous other posts on this forum alone about various broker disconnects and data lags during high volume trading. It's an unfortunate part of the business and simply another risk you need to factor when putting a trade on. It certainly is not a problem that is unique to Oanda as this thread seems to be implying.

As for the slippage - it's nothing more than an inherent flaw with the speed of the Java platform. I make about 20-30 RT trades a day so I'm very aware of the "slippage" as some refer to it as. And it aint on no frackin demo account either.

#56     Apr 5, 2008
  7. I mentioned it a few times in this thread, you're right it is awesome as long as they can keep it up! I traded right from the number right through to 3pm without even a blip, steady green connection bar, every order filled, absolutely excellent. That is the Oanda we know and like so much!

It's a shame they didn't let people know what was going on though, I get service emails from my other broker on a regular basis if they're upgrading the platform or if there's been a problem.

Hopefully Oanda have sorted everything out now and we'll get back to how the service used to be so we can just trade instead of worrying whether our connection is going to go down.

#57     Apr 5, 2008
  8. Cable, hey bro any luck on finding a broker that will let us trade on yesterday's prices? I'm still turning up nada on my end.

Leveragefx and allenhobbs are pissed at me so they won't tell me who they're using. LOL

#58     Apr 5, 2008
  9. Say brah, what's going on.

I thought I'd found the broker they use the other day, it was called Greener Pastures LLC, a bit like Greener Futures only different......turned out to be a company selling organic fertilizer goddammit!

Hang on I think there's a connection there...fertilizer...leveragefx...allen'sammy'hobbs...yep, they're all full of shit!

:D

#59     Apr 6, 2008
  10. That's an interesting statement. Why do you think that brokers or market makers are justified in 'not liking' traders that scalp? Isn't their job to facilitate trade?

By the way, I haven't read through this entire thread, but I don't think Oanda's is an ECM model, is it? As far as I understood, Oanda is just another one of the bucketshops that's creating an illusory 'market' for their traders, when in fact all the trader is getting is the feed from Oanda which will be moved where Oanda needs it to be. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong and Oanda uses an ECM model for forex like IB, for example.

#60     Apr 6, 2008