Never Trade With Oanda If You Want To Trade Seriously

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by forestgril, Apr 4, 2008.

1. I never complain because I have no reason to complain. But if I was marketing them, don't you think I'd post great reviews on them?

You need a higher IQ before I can debate with you.

#41     Apr 5, 2008
  2. sg20

sg20

I don't know what time frame you guys are trading but there are a lot of connection problems before, at times I thought Oanda was trying to rob me a couple of pips (a lot of pips during news release) by delaying executions. However, on second thought I am not so sure anymore because it hasn't happened in about four months but definitely there are some connection issues there...

sg20

#42     Apr 5, 2008
  3. Oanda is peachy for all sorts of time frames, even exploiting latency at 1.30 on Friday afternoon as the NFP number is released, yep I got what I deserved alright :p

#43     Apr 5, 2008
  4. nexx

nexx

Guess it wasent just me on the disconnects i was using there demo platform for about 3 days until i got sick of the disconnect, i thought it was my internet but i live in a major city and my internet has never had any problems, trading on the demo for 3 days i got disconnected about 3-5 times a day 1 disconnect i couldn't get back on for a while the other it was like a 5 min wait to reconnect. As many good thing i hear from Oanda i don't think i could keep dealing with 3-5 disconnects daily.

#44     Apr 5, 2008
  5. cstfx

cstfx

I thought accusations of being a shill/paid shill here on ET was reserved strictly for the IB crowd? What? They have Oanda shills too?

#45     Apr 5, 2008
  6. cstfx

cstfx

For the record, the demo platform experiences a higher disconnect rate than the live platform. For starters, 2 different groups of servers - the demo does not have the resources that the live platform would. Also, the demo platform is where they make their changes/experiments to the platform before they incorporate them into the live platform, so if there is errant code causing problems, you will experience a higher incidence of problems/disconnects than if you are on the live one.

#46     Apr 5, 2008
  7. And looking at their forums there still are some problems.

A while back there were connection issues right around data, the problem appeared out of the blue and disappeared a few months later just as quickly. No explanation, no apology, not even any coherent replies to the many questions on the Oanda forums. Naturally that aroused suspicion and no-one knows for sure whether the disconnects were intentional to disuade news traders or not. The other thing which aroused suspicion was the way enquiries about disconnections were handled by their help desk, basically they lied.

Trading news and data is a legitimate and very profitable strategy, there is absolutely no reason for a marketmaker to complain when they claim a level playing field and not to be trading against their clients because all orders are either STP or hedged.

Oanda cater for the majority and the majority probably wouldn't notice anything was wrong which suits them just fine :)

#47     Apr 5, 2008
  8. That is what people on the live platform have been experiencing recently as well, Friday was about the most stable connection for quite a while, let's hope it stays that way!

#48     Apr 5, 2008
  9. Hah hah, yeah, 50 pips in 15 seconds, that is allright :) unfortunately for me it was on demo :/

But although on eur/usd 13:30 was just a stupid news reaction, a good trader already had opened a long trade on a proper fibo 38%, will anyone here agree? :)]

#49     Apr 5, 2008
  10. A higher IQ is always appreciated... unfortunately it is difficult to make it bigger (there are some techniques, but apparently not know to You Ivanovich :D ;p)

Anyhow, if You were a marketer of Oanda - they would not allow You to be too apparent. Sometimes one has to complain a little bit about Oanda's connectivity on the forum otherwise everyone would know at once...

I do not imagine a good crypto-marketer who stays here for longer time and on every forum writes something like:

"BROKER-X IS VERY VERY GOOD, NEVER NO PROBLEMS AT ALL, BUY THEIR SERICE NOW! CALL 1-666-666-666"

#50     Apr 5, 2008