Never trade against the trend

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Liberty Market Investment, May 27, 2020.

1. Whatever time frame you chose for trading, never go against the trend. I'm following all our funded traders, and here's a typical example of what happens when a person is too stubborn to recognize they are going in the wrong direction:
    upload_2020-5-27_21-11-54.png

1- Two longs taken in hope of market to reverse (no signs of reversal yet)
    2 - Too scared to keep longs - let's breakeven.
    3- But I'm long biased! It MUST go my way!

And then the Gold just crashes down. Unfortunately, this ruined this person's Funded Session account on the second day he began his Funded Session.

upload_2020-5-27_21-15-43.png

A typical mistake - and the daily loss limit is hit. The account is lost and they have to start all over.

So just a simple reminder from someone who's "watching" you guys trading "from the other side of the screen" - never go against the trend. Let the market lead you.

Good luck to all in trading!

SimpleMeLike, Tradex, Turveyd and 5 others like this.
  2. Easier said than done.

SimpleMeLike, rb7, d08 and 3 others like this.
  3. Trader Curt

Trader Curt

[​IMG]

4. gaussian

gaussian

Wait let me get this straight. You funded this guy with $150,000 and his daily loss limit is 2% on leveraged instruments? Dude has a 2% loss, a relatively minor bad day, and gets his account removed.

...is this supposed to be promotional material. I'm not sure what the message is supposed to be here.

Zor_Champ, Turveyd, Fx-Game and 2 others like this.
  5. Overnight

Overnight

Far as I can tell, if you make $100,000 on a trade, but then suffer a +$3K loss after that on the next day, your account is terminated.

Turveyd likes this.
  6. The trade system is bad 80% win and best trade loss on first day, and not risk managment...

7. maxinger

maxinger

Trading with trend includes

Not Trading when there is no trend.

His main mistake was trading in a very chaotic, erratic, choopy, undecisive, un trendy region.

ability to detect such region with naked eye is pre requisiste to trading success.

avoid trading such region at all cost
    unless you are high frequency trader, heavy scalper or market maker.

Last edited: May 27, 2020
  8. No, if the trailling drowdown is equal to the starting balance it stops and the rest is your profit, from that you are comfortable :)

9. Exactly. So if you've earned $100K and then lost $3K, $97K is still yours to lose :D

Fx-Game and murray t turtle like this.
  10. maxinger

maxinger

nice info.

will you be posting more of these including those who did well?

#10     May 27, 2020