Never Pay Cash for Anything

Discussion in 'Economics' started by oldtime, Jan 8, 2012.

1. That's for sure. I've had my number grabbed once overseas where they ran up about $5k and it was basically a "did you charge this? Nope, OK, how about this? Nope. Ok" In fact, I did actually buy a computer in between some of the purchases and could have pawned that off as a fraudulent charge if I'd wanted to.
    It's in their best interest to keep customers happy. There's too many options out there and since most people carry a balance, I'd imagine that even with the hefty fraud losses, the interest off of those 10-20% cards more than make up for it.

#11     Jan 9, 2012

2. I do the same thing. I usually withdraw about $100 cash from the bank per month (for emergencies and places that dont take credit cards like AM/PM) and it usually always lasts to the next month or sometime after. I use my credit card for everything too although i get a better rate. :) 2% from HSBC on all purchases up to $25,000 per year.

#12     Jan 11, 2012
  3. +1 all the way... American Express is something everyone with an SSN and more than $1,000 in their account should have.

Credit cards... yes they're nice to get your credit up since they most influence young people's credit scores, but honestly, do you think Donald Trump or Bill Gates have a BAC "black" rewards credit card?

AMEX all the way...

#13     Jan 15, 2012