Never Listen To Anyone Else, Ever

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ByLoSellHi, Apr 26, 2007.

1. When I say don't listen to anyone else, I am specifically saying don't do what others are doing or saying just because they are doing or saying it.

I am specifically stating that it's fine to draw ideas from a vast pool of resources, but before acting on any idea, from whatever source derived, filter it through your own matrix.

#11     Apr 26, 2007
  2. sound advice

#12     Apr 26, 2007
  3. TOM134

TOM134

hels02,

I agree with you. We can all learn from others experience.

ByLowSellHi,

Yes, we need to OWN our own trades.

Here are some possibilities:

http://www.trade-ideas.com/

I hope this helps.

Tom

#13     Apr 26, 2007
  4. Most people don't know that buffet actually traded aggressively in the 60s and 70s because the AUM were smaller by many magnitudes. Slowly his assets became too big for his arbitrage strategies to still be feasible. Hence the current buying into huge blue chip companies and speculation in liquid commodities and currencies.

Asked in 1999 how much he could return annually if he only had to manage US $1,000,000, Buffet responded he could probably still do 40-50% a year.

#14     Apr 26, 2007
  5. LOL, I disagree but I know what you are saying. Don Trump says in his book says he only started with $200,000 back in the 60's. That must be like $3,000,000 in today's fiat. Not to segueway but is his daughter hot or what? Wow!!

• it.jpg
      File size:
      16.5 KB
      Views:
    #15     Apr 26, 2007
  6. "You ain't gonna get rich trading buffet style. Unless of course you already have a few million before you start trading/investing."

get a clue. i said i check on buffet when INVESTING

it has nothing to do with TRADING

note the difference

i TRADE index futures, duh

heck, sometimes when investing i completely ignore charts.

totally different than trading

#16     Apr 26, 2007
  7. I follow all BlueStreeks advice

#17     Apr 26, 2007
  8. 2006

Investing is for old bald men with sagging balls.

#18     Apr 26, 2007
  9. Investing is for people who have money. Unless done for a living, trading is for people that DON'T HAVE MONEY. And when they are done trading, 99% still won't have any money.

#19     Apr 26, 2007
  10. hels02

hels02

What a mean thing to say :mad: . Of course, I don't have as much money as Warren Buffett ... yet... :mad: ... so maybe I don't have much money hrm.

#20     Apr 26, 2007