Nevada Ranch Dispute Getting Ugly, Another Waco Or Ruby Ridge Coming?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Apr 10, 2014.

1. %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
    Good points,Lu;
    well FEDeral militay bases , buildings could be owned/leased by U.S .taxpayer[that is US,LOL] Or as the other trader suggested, could be leased from states, on a year by year basis,LOL:cool::D

Suprise, suprise, suprise;
    the Utah Sheriffs, US, most ALL sheriffs, NRA, GOA, JPFO[jews for possession of firearms ownership]..... founding fathers believe in US constituition. Most of the may,2014 voters, most of US presidents..... believe in constitution + vote that way.

Not only did Pres President [R]Ronald Reagan [NRA LIFE], Pres Kennedy [NRA LIFE +Dem]]believe in the constitution;
    they had a HUGE number of Dem voters/victory .:D.Not a prediction

#331     May 7, 2014
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

#332     May 7, 2014
  3. Ricter

Ricter

But, let's not lose focus: the beatdown of the tea party is more important than my opinion of the tea party. :D

Palin Scolds GOP Establishment for 'Gloating'
    Thursday, 08 May 2014 08:01 AM
    By Melanie Batley

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Pa.../2014/05/08/id/570179/?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

"Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin scolded Republican operatives for bragging about victories over tea party candidates following a first round Tuesday of 2014 GOP primaries that saw establishment candidates prevail.

"After Republican establishment candidates trounced conservative challengers, the 2008 GOP vice presidential nominee wrote a lengthy retort on her Facebook page Wednesday.

"Congratulations to candidates in yesterday's small pool of state primary elections who will now move on to their respective general elections," Palin wrote in her post.

"Now, knock off the gloating," she wrote, referring to a report by Breitbart citing a series of boasting tweets and statements by GOP establishment operatives trumpeting their glee.

"The clash reflects the intensifying battle between tea party conservatives and the Republican establishment after the two locked horns over strategy in September's budget fight leading to the government shutdown.

"At the time, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce blamed tea party lawmakers for the economic damage caused by the government shutdown and vowed to pour money into campaigns to elect pro-business moderates against tea party candidates. The group said it would spend at least $50 million on campaigns to support centrist GOP candidates in 2014.

"Tuesday's races were the first indication that the business organization is capable of delivering on its commitment.

"In Ohio, House Speaker John Boehner handily won his primary against a tea party insurgent, while in North Carolina, House Speaker Thom Tillis secured the GOP's Senate nomination by prevailing over tea party contender Greg Brannon with the help of television ads paid for by the chamber.

"In other races in Ohio and North Carolina, establishment incumbents also won against underfunded tea party challengers.

"C'mon now guys," Palin wrote on Facebook. "This gloating among establishment Republicans calls for the same reprimand we parents offer 12-year-olds who scuffle on the playground.

"I often remind my young daughter, especially, after her ball games, of the importance of being considerate and gracious in both victory and defeat."

"Palin also called on the Republican establishment to "ratchet any kind of arrogance way down and get in touch with independent, constitutional conservatives who build the base of the party." Such conservatives, she wrote, "do thankless work to put boots on the ground for your campaigns, and they show up to vote if you give us good reason to vote. Anything less and we will not secure victory for America this fall."

"The chamber's first victory was in a November Alabama House race when the group backed Bradley Byrne to defeat tea party candidate Dean Young.

"The chamber also announced it would contribute to contests in Idaho, West Virginia, and Kentucky."

#333     May 8, 2014
  4. Cuddles

Cuddles

#334     Aug 4, 2020
  5. kingjelly

kingjelly

I'm fairly liberal, but defunding the police in any way is insanity. Hire more social workers if you want, we can afford it and it should be done, but don't take from the police. If you think this would work in any way, you have way too much trust our species. In reality our society sits on the knifes edge of how much safety stock planners keep in distribution centers for essentials.

#335     Aug 4, 2020
  6. Ricter

Ricter

I understand what you mean, and it's obvious to me that abolishing the police would be mad. But defunding... back in the early Obama years, when the DHS was purchasing millions of rounds of ammo and millions of $ of surplus military equipment and vehicles, presumably for use by police forces nationwide, there was a lot of opposition to that here on this board. So defunding was ok under Obama, but now, under Trump, it's not ok.

But getting back to the reason this thread was necro'd (where is AAAnn, anyway?), I think Ammon is just an accidental ally of BLM and antifa.

First of all, dad, Cliven, was wrong to start a standoff over what were legal and reasonable (too low, actually) fees imposed on not just him but every rancher for the use of public land for grazing. His mistake, which most ranchers and farmers share (I used to own a farm and I know a few), is that his management style, today's to-do list, is "what is today's biggest crisis?". He doesn't know how to manage his time, he procrastinates on today's small problems, which could be fixed with a few hours of labor, and leaves them until they become crises. Thus he's always in crisis mode. So he blew off paying his fees one year, then a second year, and before he knew it the bill was huge and he "didn't have the money". Suddenly the government was the bad guy. Admittedly, that's just experienced speculating on my part. He did in fact fail to pay for many years, though, and the feds let it go too long (another part of the original problem).

Second, Ammon is opposed to the police on the basis of that standoff, and a bit of small government philosophy to which the standoff lent a lot of energy. In that sense he's not on the side of "blacks", or antifa, per se. It's just that, in the current era, the police are the tool of the global managerial elite, so he and BLM and working class conservatives and liberals alike all have cause to oppose a lot of police actions. But Ammon's opposition to the police may be on target while they're a tool of global capital, but I suspect he'd still oppose the police if they were on the side of labor, because that grazing fee bill to dad would still be lawfully owed and overdue. In this sense, he's only a "enemy of my enemy is my friend" guy, not a working class or minority hero.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
    #336     Aug 4, 2020
    Cuddles likes this.
  7. Cuddles

Cuddles

As the video points out, the guy's not a hypocrite and at least consistent w/his principles. In stark contrast w/today's "conservatives".

#337     Aug 4, 2020