Nevada is Broke and Going Bellyup

Discussion in 'Economics' started by 1flyfisher, Feb 7, 2010.

1. new$

new$

FUNNY !!

er-

it's not really possible .. is it??

#21     Feb 8, 2010
  2. Wrong. I have heard of him. In fact I read an article on him in the RGJ. But what does that have to do with NV going bankrupt? Also there are rich people living in every state.

#22     Feb 8, 2010
  3. In an hour at 6PM PAcific Gov Jim Gibbons will be addressing the State of NV on it's fiscal crisis.
    Should be fun and entertaining.

#23     Feb 8, 2010
  4. lasner

lasner

On average dickhead....The CFO of mastercard is an expert on lending. I'm sure she knows more about real estate than you do

#24     Feb 8, 2010
  5. spinn

spinn

didnt experts in lending cause the crash?

#25     Feb 8, 2010
  6. lasner

lasner

No of course not....people who couldn't afford what they were buying caused the crash. Experts in lending opened the door for them.

#26     Feb 8, 2010
  7. Bring back the 3.99 Prime Rib with a Heineken, and let the Mob take control back. Vegas has been screwed up since Wall Street took over.

Rennick out:cool:

#27     Feb 8, 2010
  8. I would want to hear his speech. I want to hear what he's going to say about the present and future condition of the state.

Second highest unemployment rate. :eek: That's bad. It's an awful condition for Nevada.

#28     Feb 8, 2010
  9. No state is going belly up. For starters there is no mechanism for a state to declare bankruptcy. For another the federal gov't will loan them whatever they need, they've already loaned Nevada 1 billion, and then forgive the debt.

So, that means you folks will all be stuck with the tab eventually.

#29     Feb 9, 2010
  10. maybe nevada will start to have a state income tax

#30     Feb 9, 2010