Neuroshell trader

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by sluggworth, Nov 21, 2005.

1. nitro

nitro

If I were going to use one of these tools, I would use Trading Solutions not Ward Systems, or maybe both, but never just Ward Systems.

nitro

#11     Mar 27, 2006
  2. Lancelot

Lancelot

Hi nitro

And thanks for the info.

The tradingsolutions website looks more "professional" to me.

Just a gut feeling that may prove wrong in the end.

Have you had any profitable experience with Neural networks ?

#12     Mar 27, 2006
  3. nitro

nitro

Lancelot,

Neural Solutions is a more hard core product, and they have networks that are more amenable to the data patterns markets generate.

I have never had a single profitable trade with a canned NN. But I think the mathematics of how they work can be adapted to a market trading system that would have predictive use.

nitro

#13     Mar 27, 2006
  4. Lancealot & Nitro,

It's been a couple months since the messages on tradingsolutions. Have you guys been using the product? I started with it about a month ago. It does seem like it could be a great asset to one's trading arsenal IF one can make it through the learning curve, which I find myself a bit frustrated by at the moment.

Just curious if you guys have any additional thoughts...

#14     Sep 30, 2006
  5. Lancelot

Lancelot

Hi george91197

No, I have not used tradingsolutions yet.

I was trading funds at the time I posted (and still do) and needed trading solutions to be able to make a buy decision on D day based on D-n price or a sell decision based on D-m price (n,m being different integers in the 1-5 range).

I asked tradingsolutions support if this lag time was supported by their product but got absolutely no answer :(

I seems that some lag factor has been implemented in the trading styles of the new v4.0 and maybe one of these days I will make a second attempt at trying to find out if this product suits my needs.

Have a good trading day :)

#15     Oct 1, 2006
  6. Lancelot,

I use Tradingsolutions and I know you can lag inputs to the NN by any number of periods, e.g. "-5" (use the input value from 5 periods ago).

It's a good piece of software, just don't expect any silver bullet.

Once you learn it and build yourself a few dozen good models for some futures, etfs or stocks you can probably make yourself 20-30% returns annually with decent risk/reward ratios (I am not saying more is impossible). Anybody who expects 100% returns every month will be disspointed.

I find myself putting a lot of work into this, screening around 200 neural models every day. Easily 4-5 hours work every day plus some homework (=development, testing) on the weekends. But it's worth it ... for me.

#16     Oct 4, 2006
  7. Lancelot

Lancelot

Hi makloda

I don't know if using lag inputs is the answer with Tradingsolutions.

If I apply full optimization to, let's say, lag[f(n1,...,nn),3] wouldn't the "3" will be changed to an optimized value?

Thanks

#17     Oct 4, 2006
  8. Humpy

Humpy

I would be interested to hear about the current position of Neuroshell ?
    Is it now profitable and do you need an IQ of 150 to understand it ?

#18     Oct 28, 2014
  9. Let's back discuss about it :)

#19     Nov 11, 2019
  10. ssp729

ssp729

Gately´s book used neuroshell to predict stock price

#20     Nov 26, 2019