Netherlans abandons multiculturalism

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mav88, Jul 16, 2011.

1. Add the Netherlands to this growing list. Maybe if we elect someone in 2012 who cares more about this country than those invading it, we can join them.

State multiculturalism has failed, says David Cameron
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-12371994

France's Sarkozy: Multiculturalism Has Failed
    http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/world/2011/February/Frances-Sarkozy-Multiculturalism-Has-Failed/

Angela Merkel: German multiculturalism has 'utterly failed'
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/oct/17/angela-merkel-german-multiculturalism-failed

#11     Jul 17, 2011
  2. Larson

Larson Guest

You give respect, you get it back. That is the problem, a society riddled with disrespect and finger-pointing. The Amish are an admirable people.

#12     Jul 17, 2011
  3. do you think it is easy for the immigrants to assimilate into a different culture and language?

do you go out of your way trying to help them to assimilate?

or do you make them build a f*king railroad for a bag of potatoes?

#13     Jul 17, 2011
  4. Mav88

Mav88

The disrespect starts with illegal immigration, or complete disrespect for our laws. It is incumbant upon the newcomer to adapt to the host, not vice versa. It's called common courtesy and the amazing lack of it shows just how hostile the new immigrants are. Imagine someone coming to your home without an invitation then demanding you make special accomodations for them. These are some rude folks were are talking about here.

The Amish are not admirable in my opinion, they have done absolutely nothing for this country. All I wanted to point out is that religous insular groups can peacefully exist who won't assimilate, but it is because they try and be respectful to the host culture.

#14     Jul 17, 2011
  5. Mav88

Mav88

How difficult it is is irrelevant, unless they were forced to come then it is entirely a problem of their own making. It is not my job to assimilate them, it is their job to become an american like most every other immigrant wave before them.

Making someone build a railroad for potatoes would be slavery, something that no longer exists in the US. The answer is then no, because I will not and can not.

If someone actually offered to work for potatoes, I'm not sure what I would do. Anyway you do miss the larger point entirely. The question is not only will we get along, but what kind of society are these new immigrants going to create? look to Mexico and see your answer.

#15     Jul 17, 2011
  6. US, Canada, W. Europe have the problem of aging population who are non-breeders. The solution is to let younger immigrant to come in to fill the void. It so happen that the best immigrants they can get happen to be of different cultures. The risk that they won't assimilate fast enough or deep enough is part of the gamble.

I don't separate the immigrants into legal and illegal. they are basically the same. the illegals are ALLOWED to get into the country, at least this is the way it is in US.

#16     Jul 17, 2011
  7. Mav88

Mav88

I do seperate legals from illegals. People who respect laws and people who don't, it should be the first thing you care about when considering new people.

The reason illegals are allowed is that there are now enough liberals and mexicans in the US to politically stop any attempt at closing the flow. If you try and do such a thing, out fly the racism accusations.

It is now well known that these mexicans are not the answer to demographics. In fact they make the problem worse by causing further drain on bloated social welfare budgets. Cucumber pickers and drywallers simply do not create enough wealth to solve the aging issue or even pay for themselves. Mexicans will not create the sort of wealthy and dynamic economy to pay the bills, just check out mexico.

#17     Jul 17, 2011
  8. 377OHMS

377OHMS

If things continue as they are the Cucumber picking and Drywalling professions might become pretty attractive. :D

#18     Jul 17, 2011
  9. have not they ALWAYS been allowed in? suddenly now there is a problem because there are too many liberals and mexicans. was this the case 10-20 years ago?

#19     Jul 17, 2011
  10. Mav88

Mav88

Nope and you are right, republicans like reagan and bush are to blame for the past. If however you tried to stop it today, then you are branded a racist vigilante.

It's too late, we'll have this experiment whether we like it or not. What makes the problem so insanely worse is that now we have social welfare programs and multicultural liberalism telling these people that they should not have to change their culture to adapt and that they deserve full social welfare. What a fracking catastrophe. Muticulturalism will end the USA, maybe by design?

I want to meet the fool in Washington who thought 50 million mexicans is the solution to this:

[​IMG]

#20     Jul 17, 2011