Netflix Short Was Hedge-Fund Manager Tilson's Biggest 2010 Loser

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Optionpro007, Jan 6, 2011.

1. I am not sure who you are referring to when mentioning rookies and non-traders, the fact remains that the correct position to have in NFLX for the last 2 years has been long and that as of today the correct position to have is still long.

#21     Jan 11, 2011

2. I will like to make a correction. Based on general market conditions and the way this stock is behaving, I believe my bullish bias in this stock is unwarranted for the time being.

:)

#22     Jan 23, 2011
  3. S2007S

S2007S

Netflix will fall hard.....I just noticed a commercial for a local provider of cable offering movies on demand straight from the set top box....once these cable companies all join and start offering thousands and thousands of movies for one monthly fee NFLX will see its stock price drop over 50% very quickly. NFLX has the market now but in a year to 2 this market will be entirely different, I wouldnt doubt if NFLX is trading in the single digits in the next 2-3 years. Its going to take a lot for them to continue in this competitive market, if you can time the NFLX short you can make a ton of money.

#23     Jan 23, 2011
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

Are you kidding me? Dude, cable companies are as good as gone. More and more of my friends are dumping Comcast and RCN in favor of netflix. Cable companies continue to raise their rates every year and for what? Most people only watch movies and sports anyway. What would you rather do, spend $10 a month to get unlimited movies and stream all your fav TV shows or spend 100 plus a month to watch like 3 channels that you could probably get the same content for on netflix. Think about it, what justifies you paying 10 times as much for cable service? I'm listening.

#24     Jan 23, 2011
  5. Bob111

Bob111

if you can time-then it's doesn't really matter what you do-buy or sell..it's all about the timing..it's like cooking..undercooked food taste bad..overcooked-bad..it's all about time(and right temperature(market sentiment,in case of the trading)) :p

#25     Jan 23, 2011
  6. Long is good indeed.

#26     Jan 26, 2011

7. Ill just copy and paste what i wrote in the NFLX thread...

Give this one time, it will not stay at these levels....

-----------------------------------

Only a matter of time before all the cable company's take a majority of the business being that most of them own the studios making the films and the networks... If they dont own the the studios they have good relations with all the networks who are in turn owned by the studios, so who's going to get left out in the dark...

Major film studios.... which account for About 88% of ALL movies made....

-Universal - Owned by NBC universal - which is owned by Comcast the largest cable provider in the country- which owns NBC and 50 channels, plus 20 other studios AND NETFLIX MAIN COMPETOR HULU...

-Warner Brothers - owned by Time warner - which owns Time Warner cable and 20 other telivison channels...

-20th century Fox - Owned by News corp - which owns Fox and 70 other television channels plus 20 other Film studios

-Paramont/Dreamworks - Owned by Viacom - which owns CBS, MTV,VH1,Nick and 50 others...

-Disney/Pixar - owned by Disney - Which owns ABC, Disney and a bunch more...

Whos going to get the movie rights in the future....... The cable company's, which they own or do the majority of there business with........or Netflix....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_film_studio

Comcast is already going after level 3...........

http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO...201-708971.html

#27     Jan 26, 2011