Netanyahu Draws Picture For Obama, U.N.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Sep 27, 2012.

1. pspr

pspr

......Currently, most penetrator bombs are heavier (910 kg) and models like the BLU-109 can penetrate five meters (16 feet) of concrete. The heavier (5,000 pound) GBU-28 can penetrate 32 meters (100 feet) of earth or six meters (20 feet) of concrete. Israel already has hundreds of these larger penetrator bombs but apparently sees a need for smaller penetrators. More of the smaller bombs can be carried on each sortie. There are smaller penetrators as well.......

http://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htairw/20120221.aspx

The U.S. military or its contractors long ago released videos of bunker buster bombs. While the Israeli military has requested advanced bunker buster bombs from the United States, the Israelis have also been manufacturing its own technology. They recently released this impressive video depicting a new concrete-busting missile which would presumably obviate the need for aircraft to fly over certain targets.

http://www.commentarymagazine.com/2012/03/09/israel-bunker-buster-missile/

#31     Sep 27, 2012
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Bombers not bombs. :)

#32     Sep 27, 2012
  3. pspr

pspr

I guess the point being that they wouldn't have a way to deliver the bombs. But, they wouldn't ask for the bombs if they didn't have a way to deliver them.

I don't remember the details but some of their fighters can be fitted with bomb racks to carry at least one of the 5000 pound bunker busters.

I don't think they have a plane that can carry the new 30,000 pound bunker busters but Obama hasn't given them any as far as I know.

#33     Sep 27, 2012
  4. lol.... first get to know the difference between bombs and bombers.

#34     Sep 27, 2012
  5. #35     Sep 27, 2012
  6. Yannis

Yannis

Obama On The World Stage

[​IMG]

:) :) :)

#36     Sep 28, 2012
  7. LEAPup

LEAPup

Israel just doesn't have the air power, and Iran knows it.

Obummer has no balls, and Iran knows it.

#37     Sep 28, 2012
  8. Brass

Brass

This from a steroid aficionado? Don't ever lose that sense of humor, LEAPup.

#38     Sep 28, 2012