Net problems today?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Tech Analysis, Jul 1, 2003.

1. Is anyone else having trouble accessing certain sites, like IB and brioefing.com? The cable co. say's there's a good signal to my modem and of course is denying any network problems.

2. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

YES!!! It's intermittent, so I can still get a chart of sorts. But it's like a series of snapshots. Fortunately, there are no setups that interest me. Yet.

3. Yes, I have not been able to access vanguard.com for two days from my house. We have DSL through BellSouth.

4. Tacsian

Tacsian

Yes, intermittant problems here as well, using cox cable in Phoenix...they cant, of course, find a thing wrong...but its clearly a real problem

5. Tacsian - Yep Cox in Phoenix as well.

Their wait time to get into tech support was 30+ minutes so don't sit there and tell me I'm the only one, buckos.
    They of course blamed everything from ZoneAlarm to my router.

The fact that I can ping some sites but not others says it's a network issue pure and simple.

6. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

And they generally don't bother to check unless a lot of people complain. So we may get some relief yet.

7. I was able to access the Vanguard site last night from another location. I used a hotel phone network and AOL on a dial-up modem. Also, I just tried from home, going through a sub-browser (surfola) and was able to pull up the Vanguard site.

8. Tacsian

Tacsian

I've been on the phone with a level 2 tech for 45 mins here, and they've been checking the DNS entries for some of these sites...qcharts and mIRC for me were the problem sites...and definitely have admitted they have a problem and are trying to trace it here...we'll see !

9. FWIW I was doing pings and tracert's earlier and had a few hops missing, and one took 635ms to complete. The problem seemed to be on the west coast. They of course blamed hurricane Bill on it, despite the fact that I wasn't pinging anywhere near it of course :mad:

10. Tacsian

Tacsian

Was having the same problem with pings and tracerts as well, truly miserable values returned...guy i'm working with things we're making some progress here...any chance you can retest a few of your pings and post if you're seeing some progress? Good luck

#10     Jul 1, 2003