Net China stocks goes bust...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by garfangle, Jun 23, 2003.

1. whowah

whowah

sohu graph

• sohu.gif
      File size:
      26.4 KB
      Views:
    #11     Jun 24, 2003
  2. whowah

whowah

ntes graph

All 3 stocks have the same pattern and are losing momentum but It may be a little too soon to short. When my bottom indicator (bw6) hits -100 it will be time.

• ntes.gif
      File size:
      30.4 KB
      Views:
    #12     Jun 24, 2003
  3. +$1.50 so far on NTES...

That's the problem with fundamentals and indicators. You never know when they are going to kick in and do what they look like they're supposed to.

#13     Jun 24, 2003
  4. LOL, these are the dot coms. How quickly people forget...

Banker

#14     Jun 24, 2003
  5. Bolts

Bolts

Just my humble little contribution... I noticed SOHU made a 50% retracement to 25 from that last (big) leg up and bounced nicely exactly like I predicted. Still looks pretty bullish I think. I don't watch other China stocks much though.

#15     Jun 25, 2003
  6. You probably should. Many Chinese stocks have been performing very well. It seems like lots of money is flowing in that direction. Even the closed end funds etc. that deal with that area are seeing what looks like a big bull market. We'll see though. I'm watching CYD these days, in addition to a few others.

I always think it's comical when people try to short bull markets. That's not what attracted me to this thread. It was the title for the thread, which was misleading in my opinion.

For a list of tradable items with China in the name: http://finance.yahoo.com/l?s=china&t=S&m=US&r=5&b=0 (sort by Market if it isn't already. That way you don't have to look at the pink sheets. Unless that is your thing of course.)

Regards,

Banker

#16     Jun 25, 2003
  7. YOU STILL ALIVE BRO?

#17     Jul 14, 2003
  8. about to be taught a painful lesson about momentum, "PE", and short sales.

Never, ever, ever short something because you think it's "run up too much." Jesse L is rolling over in his grave:(
    (just ask the genius who started the "EBAY short" thread several months ago:eek: )

The Chinese internet stocks will indeed take a fall, but I would not touch them w/out a clear reversal signal (ie. - downtrending ema's on the hourly chart -- at the very least!).

I've been on the SOHU train several times over the past several months (long), but am always careful not to overstay my welcome. It may indeed be toppy at the moment -- but I have no problem w/ waiting for a crystal clear reversal signal.

dog

#18     Jul 14, 2003
  9. I just noticed the date of that initial post:eek: :( :confused:

... wonder if he's still short?:eek: :eek: :eek:

#19     Jul 14, 2003
  10. Time to jump back in and ride the trend again! :p

#20     Jul 15, 2003