".NET beats JVM any time"...

Discussion in 'App Development' started by quantkang15, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Welcome to EliteCoder.

Please stay on topic.

Coding only. Post related to trading are not in the spirit of this blog.

#41     Feb 28, 2013
  2. Exactly...and can we end these ENDLESS "geek-wars" ?
    My goodness, no wonder why no one wants to hire an American programmer today...all they do is....FIGHT.

#42     Feb 28, 2013
  3. hftvol

hftvol

lol, what do you expect to get out from the thread topic. Of course it will zero in on the ups and downs of different programming languages, (hopefully less IDE talk). Oh, wait, wasn't it you who brought up IDEs? Talking about IDEs is pretty useless given that some of the smartest programmers who create the coolest stuff code on command line type editors and use command line compilers. I love VS plus ReSharper but it has zero bearing on my choosing a particular language over another. You have to focus on the task at hand and then you choose the weapons that are capable of reaching the target.

I am not American but I find your last comment absurd and a testimony to your being childish.

#43     Mar 1, 2013
  4. hftvol

hftvol

On ignore, your ramblings only show someone who claims expertise in a particular area but actually demonstrates to the public at large that he just copy/pasted out of Wiki.

I am really only couple more idiotic post reads away from leaving ET for good. Even the technical and programming focused threads are now taken over by wannabees and "traders" who most likely failed at all approaches they tried and now seek their hail in believing they will be the next algo and systematic trader. I remember when I googled posts on ET years ago that covered binary formats and storage of tick based data. Those days where there were people here with true expertise are long over. Sad but mostly true.

#44     Mar 1, 2013
  5. I have never looked at what (if anything) Wikipedia says on the subject. All of what I said was based solely on many years of personal experience.

I was only responding in the first place to someone who asked if there was anything that could match Visual Studio.

My answer is yes, but which is "better" will always be a matter of personal needs and opinion and really is of little importance because of its subjectivity.

Plus you are stuck with whatever IDE's are available for your programming language anyway.

Actually there is more than one good IDE in the .Net world too. A lot of people really like SharpDevelop as opposed to Visual Studio. It is nice and fast and has an open source flavor to it. As a matter of fact, I think that its growing popularity is one of the reasons that Microsoft has broadened the range of free versions of Visual Studio. For anyone who does not know, the latest Express Desktop version of Visual Studio is much less restricted than were prior Express versions - it can handle Solutions that include projects in multiple languages now.

#45     Mar 1, 2013
  6. sprstpd

sprstpd

Please leave then. Your demeaning attitude sucks.

#46     Mar 1, 2013
  7. lol, check this clown out i destroyed him in some other thread. he pretends to be HFT and writes javacode that runs on the order of seconds. he is extremely misguided. i suggested he rename himself to lftvol to avoid confusion.

#47     Mar 1, 2013
  8. Nab

Nab

Met recently in a bar one of the guys supervising the IT roadmap of one of the mayor US banks ... you would be surprised about their actual IT ecosystem. Since it grew over a long time-frame with different vendors, and they don't like to upgrade/change systems running well, it is rather diverse.

(One of the major things they are actually now forced to do is to get rid of XP since it is not anymore supported by MS ;) )

#48     Mar 3, 2013