Nesting Fractals

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by rainman2, Oct 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Thanks for your concern. While you are waiting for confirmation and researching, I am banking coin...:D

#41     Oct 21, 2009
  2. You should have read that thread again before your post . . .

I'm banking safe short term dollars while waiting on a long term swing trades to confirm. I can trade all positions with confidence because I use all of the information the markets provide for me. I don't choose to selectively delete critical information, "just because".

This is just the ES. I'm up 34 points on the eMini DOW, $2.00 on eMini Crude, 85 pips on the Euro FX and 20 points on the eMini NASDAQ.

I offered the suggestion so you could confirm what I and ever critical problem solver in the world already knows, that is you never omit any data pertinent to problem and expect to get an accurate answer when trying to solve that equation.

I respect that you are a profitable trader but that doesn't mean there isn't a way to improve on that profitability and decrease your risk at the same time.

[​IMG]

#42     Oct 21, 2009
  3. how important time is in trading.

#43     Oct 21, 2009
  4. ehorn

ehorn

Nice OB on the daily... :)

#44     Oct 21, 2009
  5. ??

#45     Oct 21, 2009
    #46     Oct 21, 2009
  7. . . . and patience plays out as well for the Swing trade.

[​IMG]

#47     Oct 21, 2009
  8. I'm glad that your method works for you. Personally, I find your method well thought out but incomplete. Different strokes for different folks...

#48     Oct 21, 2009
  9. Making this statement is sort of strange, don't you think, as you're the one that's using the incomplete price data?

C'mon, you had to see a bit of humor in that... :p

There are 1000's of traders who have found certain patterns, time-frames and behaviors that they use to repeat outcomes in the future but it's purely luck. They are relying on past data (in many cases, incomplete data) to predict the future, which is just plain silly and egotistical. This evening and every other evening for the past 2 weeks I made soup for dinner and you'd probably guess that I'd make soup tomorrow but there's no guarantee that I will, yet this is the same belief that so many traders have and I've never understood why.

You ever find it strange how people are constantly tweaking systems by moving to an X minute chart or adjusting the stochastics or whatever mathematical formula they believe in? Do you know why they do that? It's because the conditions have changed and/or their results have changed, as well, and they know that their system no longer has an advantage. The round hole you were sticking the round rod through is now a square. Now, if you're happy with constantly adjusting, tweaking this and digging in search of the perfect system that's fine. It works for a lot of people and if they have success, then that's great! Some people choose to omit data when evaluating charts and if they've figured out some way to make it work, then great! I don't pretend to think I know what's going to happen in any trade and I'd like to see ALL the data and then trade what I see, not what I think is going to happen...

The way I see it, ProfLogic's system teaches you about the wave, not the boat riding on the wave. Boats have to constantly be adjusted as the wind or the tide or direction of the current changes. Waves are the same in any ocean, lake or stream and never go away. By learning to read their oscillations and go with their flow instead of trying to predict what they're going to do based on how they reacted in the past, you don't need a stupid boat.

Be the boat or be the wave...the choice is pretty easy, for me...

bmills

#49     Oct 22, 2009
  10. Do waves have gaps in them ? My ocean creates perfect waves.

#50     Oct 22, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.