Nesting Fractals

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by rainman2, Oct 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daily shifted and regular

#31     Oct 19, 2009
  2. 5 minute all shift today and operating channel with gaps.

#32     Oct 20, 2009
  3. daily shifted and regular

#33     Oct 20, 2009
  4. Why don't you use all of the data? Why do you eliminate the overnight trades?

#34     Oct 20, 2009
  5. PL here is an example of closing the gap between yesterday 4:15 bar and todays 9:30 bar.

Gap is closed by shifting the previous days close to the current days open. All bars previous to the open of today are also shifted to keep their movement pattern.

You can see that the sequences of the previous day just continue on into the open of today and throughout the day.

Sequences are just the orderly assembling of a channel, traverse or what you are building at the time.

shifted code donated by Tams can be found on the web under ' Shifted '

#35     Oct 20, 2009
  6. I, among others consider regular trading hours its own fractal. Think about it, when are 99+% of all trades taking place ?

I use volume bars to track overnight trades and levels.

#36     Oct 21, 2009
  7. I understand what you are saying but try solving any problem using 99% of the necessary information and let me know how that works out for you.

If the overnight data of the chart you are watching makes a new high, a new low or any critical oscillation, by omitting it you are artificially skewing your information set to totally work again your decision making process.

What you are doing is not done or even considered in any problem solving situation so why do traders think it is acceptable to apply this practice to technical analysis?

#37     Oct 21, 2009
  8. Unfortunately, you have set limits on your definition of fractals. To each his/her own I suppose.

#38     Oct 21, 2009
  9. btw, Target achieved...

#39     Oct 21, 2009
  10. Accuracy and safety in your ability to make profits should not have fixed limits. Using all of the data will increase the safety of your trades . . . period. This comes from, going on 7 years of research into this specific point.

I'm just trying to improve your profit potential and decrease your risk.

#40     Oct 21, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.