Nesting Fractals

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by rainman2, Oct 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yep, nice...I just don't want my gaussians that detailed on the daily.

#21     Oct 15, 2009
  2. IMHO, if you use constant volume bar charts and make your charts fractional and not just segments of the previous chart your result will be natural nesting. The clarity of your view of price movement will be a lot clearer. Check it out for yourself if you have the ability with your software.

I've posted charts that the right one is exactly 7 times slower than the left chart. The single indicator on each chart is split too. The bottom indicator on each chart is 7 times slower than the indicator above it. Same chart just different magnifications of the same data. The charts are simply based on pure price and volume. The indicator is only used to confirm what we see in price.

#22     Oct 15, 2009
  3. Thanks PL for this post. May I ask why you chose a seventh as a fraction, is it just for an example ?

#23     Oct 15, 2009
  4. When I created all of my chart increments I wanted a stair step that was a natural nesting of the charts. I figured that using Prime numbers should be the best.
    Using "1" wouldn't work, 3 worked but created too many chart increments to monitor, "5" created too many inconsistencies due to each increment ending with 25, "7" worked great and "11" worked but was too large.

#24     Oct 15, 2009
  5. I just tried out your examples and I see what you are talking about now.
    This is something very interesting and kind of you to post. Thanks for the reply PL :)

#25     Oct 15, 2009
  6. My pleasure.
    In order to have the confidence to trade it, you have to trust it. In order to trust it, you have to see it as a valuable tool that works time and time again.

#26     Oct 15, 2009
  7. Thanks for your view. I use volume charts in a similar fashion as you although I like to use them with cumulative delta volume (CDV). I use these charts as confirmation that I am on the right side of the market.

#27     Oct 15, 2009
  8. longer term daily

#28     Oct 15, 2009
  9. ehorn

ehorn

Nice view... My color printer was screaming "UNCLE"! :D

#29     Oct 15, 2009
  10. 5 minute all shift today and operating channel with gaps.

#30     Oct 19, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.