neovest

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by volcker, May 15, 2003.

1. volcker

volcker

Does anyone have experience using Neovest? If so what are your thoughts and what is the cost?

2. I have about a year's experience with Neovest's First Alert product, the so-called 'fat' client where the data was maintained on a local server or machine.

First Alert had a few quirks, but it's the best intraday scanner I've ever seen. If you can dream it up and simplify it to a few arithmetic equations or chart conditions it can scan for it in real time. It also had some very neat sector features if you're a hot sector player.

However, the product is expensive, and that jumping from one stock to another in rapid fashion wasn't my style. The data maintenance can be a chore. The 'thin' client is supposed to eliminate that headache, but I think you might sacrifice the ability to do custom filters.

For example, one filter I had good luck with was one that would take the volume in the first 15 minutes (or 30 - you set it up), project it out over the day and compare to the average for the week/month/quarter. This identified the stocks with a lot of activity early. I had some success with that one.

First Alert was very good. The trader (me) was the weak link in my personal experience with the software.