Neovest First Alert, Any other alternatives?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Casey30, Dec 13, 2002.

1. Casey30

Casey30

Kelly74, you made some excellent points on why this program is decent. I really don't mean to sound so negative about it. Change is just hard to deal with sometimes. Simply put the actual creation of personal filters is my only grip at this point. I guess that will be resolved eventually though. I will just wait and see.

#21     Dec 18, 2002
  2. the software has a feature available called IOG (intelligent order generation) that will execute from the filters and lots of other cool things. :D

#22     Dec 19, 2002
  3. which software has it 1st alert?

#23     Dec 19, 2002
  4. Yes First Alert has IOG. It is a very powerful tool

#24     Dec 19, 2002
  5. Hi All,

I work for Neovest and had been using the product as a trader for 3 years. I agree with many of the posts that I have read here. While it is true that there have been some glitches in making the product "thin", it was a necessary move. Those of us who used FirstAlert know that the upkeep of data was an issue. The newer versions have more flexibility, neovest now maintains the data, and we have features that are on the cutting edge of today's technology.

Our order entry is a marvelous tool. I wish it was available in this format when I was trading. The filter package is as fast as ever, and if used properly can still give you most of what you had before. It will also provide you with much more intraday info than ever. The charts still set the benchmark for the industry, and believe that we will once again be raising the bar with Intelligent Order Generation.

I share your passion for the product, and would like to thank you for your patience. We as an organization are committed to meeting and exceeding your expectations.

If you need any help with your current program, please call the help desk at 800-433-4276.

If you would like to, contact me at jgresia@neovest.com.

Sincerely,

Joe Gresia

#25     Dec 20, 2002
  6. I would like to revive this thread.
    Any improvements to the new Neovest internet version ? Did anybody manage to find a good alternative to Neovest ? What is approximate price for one user ? Being a user of FA I do not know the price as it provided to me by my company and wee are using thin First Alert.

#26     Jan 16, 2003
  7. Casey30

Casey30

Well, as far as I know they have not resolved the issues with the thin client that I had previously mentioned. The tech guys were to call me when they did resolve the issues, yet they have not at this time. As for cost, the thin client is 299.00 a month plus exchange fees which can run over 100.00 a month depending on which data you want.

I am currently using a very basic filter called traderbot.com. I also am checking out pristine.com, there ESP software looks interesting. Both company's offer free trials which is helpful in evaluating their software.

Hopes this helps.

#27     Jan 17, 2003
  8. I am using the most recent version of First Alert "thin" over the internet, and it is working very well. It has only gone down once in the last month. And all I had to do is restart it and it ran fine.

Along with the filters, there are some very neat features that have revived my trading and have generated many new ideas. In particular I like the Sector Watch window which you can customize and rank any way you like.

The software, in terms of analytics is very powerful.

#28     Jan 17, 2003
  9. Today I downloaded a trial version of Neovest they call it Direct Access so shell wee.
    The first thing I wanted to do is recreate what I am using currently in First Alert fat client. I started with a simple filter and then shit hit the fan.
    This is a very basic filter Momentum Up and Momentum Down.
    In a normal First Alert environment I just have to select this Group NYSE, Volume > 200 000 and < 1000 000, Net > 0.25 and rank by momentum. The result set of this filter would be a dynamic set of stocks that are trending up and are sorted by momentum.
    In the new version it is not that simple, even though you are expected to pay the same $300.
    There is no such thing as NYSE group. The tech guy from Neovest was kind enough to send me a list of NYSE stocks that meet my criteria and I was able to create a group. But my filters based on this group are not working properly they do not show any Momentum Up nor do they show any Sorting rather than alphabetical. I was told by tech guy that this is the way it should work now.
    No it does not to have work this way and if it is the way it is working no way it should cost $300 a month. This is a joke !!!
    I spent a hole day with tech support and could not get it working.

#29     Jan 18, 2003
  10. lescor

lescor

I'm using the full version of FirstAlert provided by my clearing firm. Some of the filters I run scan the entire nyse every 2 seconds. I tried the full version from Neovest and wasn't able to do this since nyse was removed as a group. I was told that they would be offering entire exchange filtering in the future at a higher cost ($500/mo), but when I was trying it a couple months ago, it wasn't available.

Are there any current users here subscribing directly from Neovest who can do this? Are there any limitations on the filters you can write and do you have to send them info to load on their servers? How does this remote custom filtering work?

#30     Jan 18, 2003