Neoticker

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by dilbert003, Feb 7, 2005.

1. mktman

mktman

Lawrence:

Which data vendor do you use with NeoTicker?

thx.

#51     Oct 23, 2005
  2. mktman

mktman

Do most NeoTicker users use IB for there brokerage?

#52     Oct 23, 2005
  3. Our business is very focused in the development of better and more useful tools for traders.

Helping out our users getting more out of our products is high on our priority.

For short term, we are going to release the beta version of our trading system optimizer, supporting more direct integration with brokerage feeds, and making NeoTicker more Forex friendly. All these objectives are driven by requests from our clients.

In the long run, as NeoTicker is already the accepted leader in terms of flexibility and programmability for real-time trading, we will expand its functionality to make it even better as an all-round trading platform that is more user friendly and easier to use for all level of traders.

There is a misunderstanding that the first version of NeoTicker was developed in a year after our company was formed. NeoTicker is a product containing code and designs going way back. It leans on the ongoing research results and proprietary tools developed over the past 15 years. That is also the reason why NeoTicker can surpass the existing players in trading software applications in terms of technologies and functionalities in such a short period of time.

Lawrence

#53     Oct 23, 2005
  4. For retail clients, that may be true.

#54     Oct 23, 2005
  5. mktman

mktman

My biggest hesitation in switching to Neoticker lies in having to have a seperate data fee(which can be constrained by # of symbols) and having to choose a brokerage for orders. I sure like to have the entire package all coming from one place not 3 seperate sources. Trying to integrate all this seems very confusing. And if you want to scan the makrets id for equities setups using the id scanning capability then the symbols limits on data feeds seems liek a hassle.

#55     Oct 23, 2005
  6. eSignal - because of my speical need to calculate some proprietary market breadth data, like the TICK16 index.

Their tick data is also great for doing research on bid/ask analysis because they have bid/ask data in their historical tick data.

I have checked out the newer data feeds that NeoTicker is supporting like RealTick and QuoteSpeed, their tick data are comparable.

Lawrence

#56     Oct 23, 2005
  7. pretzel

pretzel

Hi Lawrence,

Yes, Bracket Trader can take in data from any 3rd party data source as long as the source can output to a text file.

If you can output your tick data to a textfile ("c:\link.txt") in the following format -

time, bid price, ask price, last price

then BT will be able to take in the data.

Maybe we can work something out.

Larry Sy
    Bracket Trader Website
    Bracket Trader Forum

#57     Oct 24, 2005
  8. mmillar

mmillar

I looked at your demo but couldn't find a way to optimize strategies. I've seen that you're introducing this in a new version. When is this?

Thanks

#58     Oct 24, 2005
  9. The optimizer for NeoTicker is a separate application that we are going to release in beta form for our clients to try out.

I do expect that to happen within our current NeoTicker 4.1 beta cycle.

#59     Oct 24, 2005
  10. You have asked quite a number of questions :)

To use a data feed or not with NeoTicker depends on your trading style. It is not something you have to use if your trading style does not require that.

For example, if you do not need very long historical tick data then a simple brokerage feed connection with MB Trading will give you the necessary streaming data, the ability to directly place orders from within NeoTicker to your MB trading account, while NeoTicker collect the streaming data for you. NeoTicker can grab free delay daily and intraday data from various sources in case you need a new symbol in the middle of the day.

On the other hand, using high-end data feeds like eSignal, RealTick, etc. give you an extra edge. You have instance access to as much historical data as they can provide, without the hassle of maintaining the data yourself. Think of them as an upgrade to your trading business. It is similar to paying for faster DSL or cable internet services for your trading, as oppose to using free dial-up services.

Lawrence

#60     Oct 24, 2005