Neoticker

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by dilbert003, Feb 7, 2005.

1. ilcaa

ilcaa

I trade real time intraday and tried using Neoticker and drove myself crazy trying to give it a chance....very extensive indicators and math functions and nice charting features but the software is riddled with bugs....some indicators dont work, it constantly crashes and locks my cumputer up, some features dont even work, in the 3 weeks that i gave it a try i logged 30 or so emails to tech support with various issues.... so if you trade real time DONT USE IT...save yourself the headache...

#41     Apr 27, 2005
  2. mktman

mktman

Can you use IB as a data feed for Neoticker?

#42     Oct 22, 2005
  3. algoa456

algoa456

Yes, for a while I traded with Neoticker and found the IB data feed quite acceptable.

IB has a habit of frequently updating their API and the Neoticker people did a good job of tracking the API changes.

#43     Oct 22, 2005
  4. just21

just21

We have to convince Lawrence to update Neoticker to get the six months of backfill data now available from IB. The backfill API is now stable apparently.

#44     Oct 22, 2005
  5. mktman

mktman

What caused you to stop trading with Neoticker?

thx.

#45     Oct 22, 2005
  6. algoa456

algoa456

I started using Bracket Trader (BT) as my execution front end to IB / TWS - BT is a great program, highly recommended - and also for real time and after hours simulation.

After hours I typically go through the days trading using playback simulation. Bracket Trader simulation does not work with NeoTicker, but does work with SierraCharts.

So I switched.

Having said that NeoTicker is a excellent program, pretty solid and is able to provide tick level simulation which is rare. But with an awful, almost unusable, execution front end. The Bracket Trader / SierraCharts combo for example does not do proper tick by tick simulation. Few programs have NeoTicker's tick level simulation.

If Lawrence and his team could somehow come up with a mechanism that allowed me to use Bracket Trader for the simulation mode I'd switch back instantly. (Are you reading this Lawrence?)

Note that the NeoTicker lease is a lot more expensive per month than SierraCharts. A minor consideration.

#46     Oct 22, 2005
  7. mktman

mktman

I see that tickquest as a company been in operation since 2000. In such a competitive and consolidating vendor environment Im wondering what the st and long term business objectives of the company are?
    5 years of history in this area isnt much.

#47     Oct 22, 2005

8. We've been testing the new IB Historical API ever since it was released. Thus we know exactly how far they have progressed in terms of API maturity.

There is some design issues with the historical data API that IB just released another beta release last week. I think we will need to give IB some more time to perfect their design and stablize the historical API before we support that directly.

On the other hand, a new IB order interface is in the works that integrate their real-time data and order placement seamlessly.

We have some beta users on this new interface and they are very happy with the results. We managed to find another intraday data source to integrate with various brokerages' streaming data, making the usage experience much better than just collecting data from the brokerage only.

Our interface with MB Trading already take advantage of this design thus you can pull intraday and daily data across many symbols even if you have not tracked that symbol beforehand.

#48     Oct 23, 2005
  9. Do you know if bracket trader can take 3rd party data source?
    Some sort of open API that allows data to be streamed to it.

Then the Simulation Server can stream this data to BT easily.

Lawrence

#49     Oct 23, 2005
  10. mktman

mktman

"We managed to find another intraday data source to integrate with various brokerages' streaming data, making the usage experience much better than just collecting data from the brokerage only"

Who is the new data source?

#50     Oct 23, 2005