Neoticker

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by dilbert003, Feb 7, 2005.

1. Currently NeoTicker 4 (in beta) works with IB, MB, NinjaTrader.

We do plan to expand the list quickly after NT 4 is officially released.

There is an issue with IB interface because IB changes its API spec without backward compatibility and very often that affects the order interface we provide. On the other hand, due to IB's popularity, we have a lot of feedbacks from users using it, thus its order interface is updated most frequently.

The main concept here is that NeoTicker takes over the order placement, thus you will have an unified interface across various brokerage supports. So it is not likely making a difference when you automate your systems within NeoTicker.

#31     Mar 22, 2005
  2. NeoTicker 4.0 is going through its beta cycle right now. I can say most of the features that we've planned for this version has been added thus the official release time is getting very close.

Once NT 4.0 is released officially we'll port a set of the new features to the end-of-day version.

#32     Mar 22, 2005
  3. box

box

thanks for the update.

#33     Mar 22, 2005
  4. daentay

daentay

Hi , will neoticker plan to support automated trade entry and streaming RT data,backfill?

#34     Apr 2, 2005
  5. I am lost on this question :)

NeoTicker as it is already support automated trading.
    It can route both manual entry orders and trading system orders to various brokerage interface like IB TWS, Ninja Trader, MB, etc.

It is a real-time trading platform, thus it process real-time streaming data.

Backfill is a function of the data service you use.

When you subscribe to eSignal, QChart, etc. you get data on demand using NeoTicker.

Maybe you need to ask your question with a bit more details so that I can give you a better answer.

#35     Apr 2, 2005
  6. daentay

daentay

thanks,

Yes, I have forgotten to specify more into what I am looking for, which is for forex.

Do you have plans for forex brokers trade automation integrated? (in addition to my previous questions)

#36     Apr 2, 2005
  7. Now I got.

To support specific broker, it will be upto the brokerage to work with us to get something done.

NeoTicker's order interface is an open API that can effectively talk to any brokerage interface through a plug-in.

For now, out of the supported brokerages, IB is the one that can trade Forex.

Lawrence

#37     Apr 3, 2005
  8. Lawrence,

I am a relatively new trader seeking to automate some of my S&P emini trading strategies. I currently have no programming skills, but I am learning VB.Net, in order to be more self-sufficient.

1) Is NeoTicker compatible with VB.NET?
    2) Is it open source?
    3) Does Neoticker’s automated trading function work with Global Futures (my current broker) via Ninja Trader?

Thanks.

Kevin

#38     Apr 22, 2005
  9. 1. Yes. You can use VB.Net to write trading systems and indicators, similar to the way VBScript is supported.

2. No. API for various features are provided for data feed connectivity, order interface, etc.

3. NT's order interface can route orders to Ninja Trader. Whichever brokerage it is connected to will not affect NeoTicker.

Lawrence

#39     Apr 22, 2005
  10. THANKS!

#40     Apr 22, 2005