Neoticker

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by dilbert003, Feb 7, 2005.

1. Lawrence, do you use your software's automated trading capability and if so, with which brokerage firm and how reliable is it?

#21     Feb 20, 2005
  2. algoa456

algoa456

I've been using NT with IB for about 6 months. Excellent piece of software and the simulation features for playing back any day is useful if you are learning to trade or want to validate what was done or test theories in simulation.

Be aware that the interface to IB is not fully documented in the help file and you should look in the help forum for a specific download. Similarly the Order Interface for IB needs to be set up and is a bit fiddly.

Lawrence's very honest assessment of the software is refreshing and accurate. As some other posters have said it is difficult to learn, but well worth the effort. It defines a collection of windows as a group and you can deal with each group as a single entity. The feature is nice (once you get the hang of it).

Recommended if you are looking for a solid trading platform.

#22     Feb 20, 2005
  3. Being a trader for so many years and used so many software along the way make me aware that users want straight answers.

Many clients doing the same in return and that helps a lot in improving NeoTicker.

#23     Feb 20, 2005
  4. Yes, I do both simulated and real trades through NeoTicker. That includes both automatic and discretionary trades.

We've found that is the only way to ensure the connectivity works correctly because demo mode of many bokerage interfaces do not really behave exactly the same when a real account is used.

The account I use more frequently is with IB, but I find no significant difference comparing to the other ones.

I posted about the connectivity issues already. Once you settle with a particular version of TWS + TWS API, then it is pretty reliable.

#24     Feb 20, 2005
  5. mktman

mktman

Will Neoticker work with Tradestation 8.1?

#25     Mar 12, 2005
  6. NeoTicker requires open API to work with.
    I don't think TradeStation has one at this moment.

Lawrence

#26     Mar 12, 2005
  7. H2O

H2O

Lawrence,

Does Neoticker EOD require a hardware key ?
    I'm looking for software I can use on my laptop while travelling. Since I will not be trading intraday from my laptop, the EOD version will do, but it would be a pain in the *** if I had to use a dongle or something like that....

#27     Mar 12, 2005
  8. NeoTicker EOD does not require hardware key.

Lawrence

#28     Mar 17, 2005
  9. duard

duard

Lawrence,

If I were to use Neoticker to automate my intraday futures trading which broker interface is best?

#29     Mar 19, 2005
  10. box

box

When will 4.0 be released so I can purchase the EOD version? Thanks

#30     Mar 19, 2005