Neoticker

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by dilbert003, Feb 7, 2005.

1. Lawrence,

It is nice to know that your are a developer AND a trader...or vice versa :)

When will your EOD version be available? The website says it is waiting for the version 4.0 release?

How much is it? I rent by the month...

Michael B.

P.S. say I subscribed to EOD one minute data from ANFutures, do you have the ability to import CSV Files?

P.S.S. Also is your scripting language available in your EOD version for custom indicators and system development? Do I need to become a programmer to learn your scripting language?
    Please be honest here, as I am a savant ...:)

#11     Feb 12, 2005
  2. i have the EOD version

great for charting.

#12     Feb 12, 2005
  3. How much is it?

#13     Feb 12, 2005
  4. EOD version of NT 4.0 will be available after the regular (real-time) version is officially released. 4.0 EOD will likely be priced with a one time fee as oppose to monthly charge basis.

The EOD version does not read any intraday data file.

For intraday CSV files, be it one minute bar, tick data, etc. you will need the regular version of NeoTicker.

The current EOD version can write indicators and trading systems through the formula language which can represent trading concepts in a more concise form.

For the scripting languages or regular programming languages that NT support, they are good for precise control of your design logics which may not be everyone's cup of tea :)

Lawrence

#14     Feb 13, 2005
  5. Anyone using NeoTicker RT to automate a strategy with IB? If not any more feedback on the RT version?

#15     Feb 17, 2005
  6. flyers&divers

flyers&divers Guest

I am using NeoTicker EOD.
    It is an amazingly flexible program.

I can categorically say that in the almost 40 yrs of involvement with one sort of vendor or another I have never came across one that was more dedicated to improving and extending the product and prompt customer service than
    Lawrence and his associates.

#16     Feb 19, 2005

7. I am not sure if our clients are willing to post their replies here, I'll try to summarize the feedbacks we received.

1. hard to set up to get it working

- IB do not make it obvious or transparent in what to do to make its connectivity works with 3rd party tools

- multiple installation of components needed from IB

- need to find the TWS options to turn on properly before anything looks right

2. easily broken by TWS updates

- IB has a problem of breaking their API compatibility almost every version thus causing a stability problem in system deployment

- current version of our plug-in working today can be broken by yet another release of IB's API update

- once a version of the TWS API is installed, you will not be able to properly install the updated API unless the previous release of the API is removed completely from the computer.

- for time to time, the TWS auto update will break an installed TWS API Component as well

3. once its working everything goes smoothly

- As long as the users stay with a particular TWS version + API, everything goes smoothly

4. symbology issues

- symbology of IB is drastically different from a regular data vendor thus making it hard to figure out what translation to put into NeoTicker to work.

e.g. ES #F in eSignal should be translated to ES_FUT_200503_GLOBEX

As a summary, connecting NeoTicker with IB for automatic trading is not an easy task at this point in time and we do not recommend users who do not have experience dealing with complex installation problems enabling this feature.

Item #4 is the one we can control and is likely to improve over time with more translations posted in our support forum.

#17     Feb 19, 2005
  8. BKuerbs

BKuerbs

One way to minimize problems with the TWS API is to use communication via sockets instead of using the API.

Makes you independent from changes in the API; you are still exposed to changes in the functionality of the TWS.

Regards

Bernd Kuerbs

#18     Feb 19, 2005

9. We are exploring all possibilities now to reduce the impacts from IB's API changes.

Between now and the intro of a rewrite, we still need to maintain the current order server plug-in and keep up with IB, not an easy task :(

#19     Feb 19, 2005
  10. Lawrence, at least your honest and give straight answers. try asking TS8 any questions and expect to get a straight answer.

#20     Feb 20, 2005