Neoticker

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by dilbert003, Feb 7, 2005.

1. 1. Yes and no.

There is a way to feed secondary data into NeoTicker through the external user define symbol mechanism. And data from brokerage is already feeded into NeoTicker even if you are using a separate data vendor.

No is that we do not provide the direct setup to access these data yet. The goal is to have both data vendor data and brokerage feed data integrated into NeoTicker in a more seamless way.

2. Since NeoTicker can switch datafeed easily, one of the more common combination is using NeoTicker with MB or IB in real-time, and then switch to a end of day data service (e.g. eSignal end of day, IQFeed delay, etc.) to download extra data in after market hours.

#131     Jul 4, 2006
  2. TICK16 is the one I use all the time.

TICKS16 was a requested feature by our clients.

Based on historical data we have collected, TICKS16 is good at identifying the start of a sudden move, while TICK16 works more like a stable oscillator with no lag.

#132     Jul 4, 2006
  3. How would be best to use the Tick16 for the Russell 2000. Apply it on the index itself or do you have a symbol list or custom symbol for this.

I thought about creating a custom symbol list but 2000 stocks is a lot. I was thinking about applying the Tick16 to maybee the top 350 by market cap maybee.

#133     Jul 4, 2006
  4. taowave

taowave

With the right data vendor,can Neo EOD database be set up in a Sector/Industry/Stock format? I know QP3 automatically can set up ones files in that structure.

If Neo can do that,would it be possible to then create a custom index(simple index) at the sector level so one can do realtive srength analysis of the stock vs the sector??

#134     Jul 10, 2006
  5. Hi Milly'

The <b>sp600 stocks (cap based) are 98.97% correlated to the Russell 2000</b> and have been noticed to lead it up an down so if you use those stocks in the NeoBreath area with Tick16 you have, in essence, the Russell 2000...

it only took a few seconds so i downloaded and included the SP600 from standard and poors website and attached it to this post...

but if you want to see the list directly you can go to...

http://www2.standardandpoors.com/se...51&i=70&si=null&d=null&xcd=600&dt=07-JUL-2006

and click on the link for the SP600 area that says DownLoad Table...

HTHelps...

cj...

:)

If You Have The Vision We Have The Code

#135     Jul 10, 2006
  6. Thanks edgehunter.

#136     Jul 10, 2006
  7. I think I saw this question on our forum too,
    http://forums.neoticker.com/showthread.php?t=1586

In short, NeoTicker EOD does not have the NeoBreadth tool, thus creating custom index must be done through a chart. You can setup charts with symbols from symbol list, then apply indicators like simple index to calculate your own custom indices.

#137     Jul 10, 2006
  8. mktman

mktman

Heard rumor MB may provide backfill by end of the third quarter.
    True?

#138     Aug 1, 2006
  9. rhinoaa1

rhinoaa1

mktman I was speaking to a rep at MBT this week and was told the same thing, but I was inquiring about spot Forex backfill. He told me it would be available in the fourth quarter of 06.

Rhinoaa1

#139     Sep 2, 2006