Neoticker

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by dilbert003, Feb 7, 2005.

1. Hello - could I get some feedback on Neoticker software from anyone who may have used it in the past or is starting to now..Thank You.
    :confused:

2. I use Neoticker EOD for charting and think it is the best bang for the buck.

Maji

3. Holmes

Holmes

Gave up on it a long time ago.

4. tatal333

tatal333

I use NeoTiker real time.
    It took me one year to learn to use it, but it is worth it.
    Thanks to all the elite trader members who recommended this program.

5. Gpach1

Gpach1

I have tried both the real time and the EOD demo. For what I need the EOD will work fine. It took a while to get the "feel" for the program but I am working my way up to writing my own scripts. As far as I have got the program has worked well, documentation could use some work. The feedback on the yahoo forum seems to be very quick from the NT people.

I was originally looking at WL but since they were purchased by fidelity they are no longer available.

Regards
    Greg

6. BKuerbs

BKuerbs

This is a very general question.

I suggest you have a look at their forum (www.tickquest.com) and subscribe to the Yahoo NeoTicker group. Just remember people will usually write in these forums when they have problems, no one writes messages saying "All went fine today, no problems at all".

Regards

Bernd Kuerbs

7. What I need to know is ..will Neoticker give me the ability to sit through a playback of the day's session as though it were live and do so without too many interruptions ? I've read their claims and would like to know from someone who has used this feature in their software, I' d also like to thank everyone for their feedback.:)

8. I have been using Neoticker live time for the last 18 months or so and I have found it great.

For new traders, the simulation feature is excellent as people can replay a days trading whebever they wish. I highly recommend it.

9. BKuerbs

BKuerbs

I cannot help you re this feature, since I never used it: I use NeoTicker realtime with eSignal as datafeed and I'm satisfied.

Regards

Bernd Kuerbs

10. Aside from being one of the developers of NT, I am also a user of NT every trading day :)

I just like to point out tick by tick replay ability depends on tick data you've downloaded from your data vendor. The demo version has a few days of historical tick data for a few symbols to demostrate the feature only.

If you do not subscribe to any real-time data service, you can subscribe to one on a delay basis so that you can download historical data and try out the tick replay capability.

For clients, they receive a CD with about 3 to 4 months worth of tick data and 5 to 6 years of minute data on the more common US symbols (like emini SP, NQ, etc.), thus you can replay those tick data only if it is something you just wanted to try out.

#10     Feb 12, 2005