NeoTicker vs. eSignal

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Hawker, Aug 25, 2003.

1. Another thing,

I tried using Yahoo groups a while back. What a pathetic forum.

It was slow, poorly organized, and constantly throwing me into advertizing pages.

Perhaps you guys could organize a better method for user interaction.

#21     Aug 27, 2003
  2. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

We recognized those limitations on Yahoo and that was a big reason we introduced and moved to eSignal Central. Over 6000 members in less than a year and great traffic around the clock with our growing international client base. We monitor the boards all day and night, you don't have to sift thru ads, the layout is clean and straightforward and you get the added benefits of our File Sharing system. Good stuff :)

Thanks.

#22     Aug 27, 2003
  3. lhclin

lhclin TickQuest

Looks like you want to use script. You can find a complete
    example in the documentation, under:

Programming Guide>Programming Tutorials>Tutorial: Writing a Breakout Trading System.

Each part of the code is explained in detail.

Again, script is just one way to write a trading system in
    NeoTicker. You can always use formula or Backtest EZ,
    both are a lot less intimidating than scripts for new users.

Louis

#23     Aug 27, 2003
  4. lhclin

lhclin TickQuest

Yahoo group is very nice and easy to work with if you
    instruct it to send you email, either individual emails
    or in digest form. No more ad problems.

Steps:
    1. Go to groups.yahoo.com
    2. Sign in.
    3. Click on the group you belong on in the left.
    4. Click Edit My Membership in the right.

Louis

#24     Aug 27, 2003
  5. TonySanDiego

Download the pdf version of the help files. It has both a table of contents & index...examples too. Load your printer with paper, it's only 1301 pages!

P.S. Louis, need to finish the Indicator formula examples - they stop at Q

#25     Aug 27, 2003
  6. axehawk

axehawk

Does anyone know how much Neovest First Alert will cost for an individual trader? I heard it was over $300 a month.

#26     Aug 27, 2003
  7. Hawker

Hawker

Louis thx for you reply. I'm trying to figure it out as simple as possible. I'm not trying to swim in the deep waters of script for now because gonna be very time consuming.
    I'm trying to get it together with the formula language first. However I must agree with TonySanDiego in the regard of examples and some continuation in the context to put a complete idea in the works.
    Seems to me that the help section is ideal for programming mind structure individuals :confused: for who such info should be very obvious not for people like me (which is bad :( ) without programming language background.
    However I like the features of the software and the capability to feed it through eSignal :)

#27     Aug 28, 2003
  8. Hawker

Hawker

I'm completely agree with Tony in this regard. The software is great , all we need is more basic step by step info to reach the whole idea.

#28     Aug 28, 2003
  9. RapidEye

RapidEye

Yahoo-groups are terrible indeed. It is very bad that Neoticker has not an organized support and interaction community such as those of Wealth-Lab, TS, and eSignal.

The first time I visited Wealth-Lab site, I remained there for about half an hour reading some posts over the board. And of course I visited the forum again and again.

The first time I visited Neoticker yahoo-group, I almost got depressed. What an awfull sort of communication. To follow a simple discussion of 10 posts, you have to press at about 30 clicks (not joking). Of course, I feel that Neoticker simply *does not* have an organised community at all, right now. What a pitty for such a good product...

#29     Aug 28, 2003
  10. I am catching on to the fact that the formula language is similar to Excel spreadsheet programming in it's form.

But, it took me a while to find out how to use an IF and an AND statement in the same formula. But, it was doable.

I actually wrote a little scan and used it today. Found a couple of good candidates, but the market had other ideas.

Jeesh.... this market is tough to read, no follow through what so ever.... then, whoosh, out of the blue comes a move. Neoticker can't help with that..

:(

#30     Aug 28, 2003