NeoTicker vs. eSignal

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Hawker, Aug 25, 2003.

1. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

Yes. Right-click within the chart and choose edit studies. In the properties box, change the chart type to Line/Tick. You'll then see check boxes for settings for each trade, bid or ask.

Thanks.

#11     Aug 26, 2003
  2. I currently use esignal as a data feed for a scanning/backtesting application like neoticker and will probably have to switch to a different data provider like qcharts, because esignal only stores 3 months of intraday data on their servers.

Esignal, I like your product, become the #1 resource out there for traders by adding more intraday day data, like 2 years onto your servers. I can't imagine it would be prohibitively expensive and you would gain/keep customers.

#12     Aug 26, 2003
  3. axehawk

axehawk

Thanks Scott.

Also, is it possible for me to copy my executions, summary, and trade history from the broker window to my Excel spreadsheet??? (And not just the image).

Axe.

As you can see, I am extremely new to Esignal.

#13     Aug 26, 2003
  4. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

We have been a bit behind in expanding our intraday history but we are very close to resolving that. We've been storing interval data since Feb, on most issues, and will make this addt'l data available with our 7.5 release ( due in Sept/Oct ). That'll give us roughly 8 months of history from the get-go and we'll let the servers keep building until they store 2 years worth of intraday data.

Thanks.

#14     Aug 26, 2003
  5. I just subscribed to Neoticker.

It is relatively easy to do the basics just by following the tutorials.

If you can't follow these tutorials, perhaps you better consider getting someone to write what you want. They really are pretty straightforward.

Things can be a little hard to find sometimes, and more formula and programming examples would help. Not necessarily in the online help section, but somewhere.

But, I am slowly finding my way around, and writing simple stuff.

#15     Aug 26, 2003
  6. Hawker

Hawker

Thx Tony.
    I've download the NT demo and already got my charts set up. The problem becomes when trying to get the parameters together to backtesting a strategy. The formula tutorials are very vague.Not much information. Would be great find in the internet a more detailed manual in PDF (or so format) to download.

#16     Aug 26, 2003
  7. JayF_eSignal

JayF_eSignal eSignal

I don't believe this is currently possible. We have had some requests to further this aspect of eSignal, so hopefully we'll have something soon. If you would like to pass any suggestions directly to our Product Development Team, please email them at ideas@mail.esignal.com

#17     Aug 27, 2003
  8. lhclin

lhclin TickQuest

Hawker,

There are three ways to write trading system in NeoTicker:

- Backtest EZ
    - Formula language
    - Script/IDL

Which one you are using? I can probably point you to the
    part of doc that describes it.

As for PDF, if you need one, email us privately to
    support@tickquest.com. However, I don't think printing it
    out is practical for most new users (1300+ pages). It's
    much easier to use online doc with searching to find what you
    want.

Louis

#18     Aug 27, 2003
  9. maxpi

maxpi

Cool, gbye quote.com

#19     Aug 27, 2003
  10. Louis,

it seems from my admittedly incomplete review of the documentation that there are many snippets of code that are used as examples, but they don't serve to pull the whole idea together.

What we really need are some COMPLETE programming examples which are annotated line by line showing what the line does, and especially, what the various bits of code in the line does.

A sort of Neoticker script programming for dummies.

Otherwise we spend a lot of time like this... :confused:

Another problem is finding the stuff that IS in the help file.

I looked all over for a guide to what the various fields that can be put in columns actually meant. I finally found what I was looking for under "fields tab" in the index. Not exactly intuitive to me.

But, I can say that Neoticker seems quite useful when I do get something figured out, and I am pleased so far that I have it.

(But, I hasten to add, I haven't actually accomplished a great deal so far)

#20     Aug 27, 2003