Neoticker v. Quantdeveloper

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by traderguy02, Nov 3, 2005.

1. The best turn key auto trade solution for a CTA, Fund or any systems trader with a programmer to run the software.

This is not a Trading Blox product designed for the trader who wants to drag and drop indicator into a bucket and build some system.

Enjoy the ride.

#11     Nov 5, 2005
  2. Daikoku

Daikoku

you sure know what you're talking about...

#12     Nov 6, 2005
  3. Sounds similar to what I do, except I don't operate on quote data series - is that the major limitation that you encountered? I have used Bid/Ask data series in NeoTicker, but haven't developed any systems based on them.

Regards,

Slave2Market

#13     Nov 6, 2005
  4. Since I have not used QD myself I cannot comment what it does exactly. I can only gather information based on what is available from the website.

I think the main difference between NeoTicker and QD is the target audience.

NeoTicker focuses a lot in delivering a platform for the end-user to either trading seriously using a lot of discretionary tools (drawing tools, indicators, visual highlights, quote formulas, scanners, etc.) or trading seriously with auto order routing (simply robust deployment quality of trading systems and order routing). Programming is not a necessity but well supported.

QD focuses (and its core QS) a lot in making available a great programming environment for the programmers. So, it is less friendly for the pro traders but probably great for those who likes to get their hands dirty doing a lot of programming.

#14     Nov 9, 2005
  5. I think it would be nice if either neoticker or quantdeveloper would develop a little bit better documentation for their software. Something like a terminology dictionary, for example: in neoticker a "$" designates the following script as a local variable. Well had you not stumbled across this somewhere it would be very difficult to know this. I would like to see some sort of documentation that defines all symbols.

#15     Nov 9, 2005
  6. I think it is unfortunate that neoticker and quantdeveloper seem to be lacking in documentation in clear purpose to collect consulting fees for any programming clarification.

#16     Nov 9, 2005
  7. Unfortunately for the earnest, They're only about the $.

#17     Nov 9, 2005