NeoTicker discussion

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by despichtt, Sep 20, 2009.

1. B.Willis

B.Willis

Yes!!!!
    Unfortunately there is no software which covers everything.
    I use 2 software packages now (MC and NT) and would need a third one for portfolio backtesting (probably Amibroker).

#11     Sep 27, 2009
  2. Just a heads up....Investor R/T is expanding capabilities and worth a look for those looking for new options.

http://www.linnsoft.com/new/index100x.html

Great news for Investor R/T users......

"Linn Software is also working with Zen-Fire/Rithmic to enable Investor/RT clients who have a Zen-Fire/Rithmic brokerage account to trade directly from Investor/RT. The Zen-Fire/Rithmic implementation is largely completed and is now undergoing internal testing; beta testing will begin later in the Version 10.0 beta testing period. The improved Investor/RT trading simulator supports the identical order actions and order types as the Zen-Fire/Rithmic implementation. Potential users can test the new trading features using the trading simulator and easily change trading order destination to Zen-Fire or Rithmic when support becomes available later in the beta testing period. See Item #1 below for more on Zen-Fire/Rithmic. Users interested in beta testing the Zen-Fire/Rithmic software please contact Linn Software."

#12     Sep 27, 2009
  3. Thank you all very much for reply! Knew this would end up eating lots of my DDR(brains)..

I was testing DDE IQ feed; decided its probably best to build my own quotescreen. Hope its a bit faster filling up the screen than NT quotescreen. I read its a DTN issue probably!?

I was frustrated after a while because Im not much of a hero implementing indicators to the quotescreen as it doesnt support it. Finding another jungle of implenting stuff..

Fortunately I found out NeoTicker supports DDE as well. Im testing it now. Hope to easy integrate some simpe RSI and Stochastics.

Any of you something to say on speed and accuracy? Is it going to update my 450 stocks fast or will this end up watching some ugly horrormovie??

#13     Sep 28, 2009
  4. Beebers

Beebers

NT can take a long time to load. BTW, you can scan as many symbols as you want if your RAM can hold up and if you don't have a symbol limitation (which is the data service problem - not NT's).
    I bought a computer just to run NT, with nothing else on it, and left it on all the time. That way there was no backlog in getting data, and the computer was more stable.
    Accuracy? If NT runs, it probably is more accurate than many other packages out there. Just check out its tick replay feature.
    NT's forum will give you more answers.

#14     Sep 28, 2009
  5. Just upgraded my pc as well. Max DDR and fastest processor; knew this would be an issue.

Looks accurate indead. Exploring indicator integration right now. Hope Its a bit more straightforeward from what Ive seen so far..

Accurate PM.. The quotescreen using DDE IQ feed is running on my 450 symbols but thats realy all. Cant keep up with the score. Just tested on Lightspeed XRX! Lightspeed crashes all the time, probebly because of high volume. DDE Link very very slow and way behind for the time I was able to look at Lighspeed..

Check back later..

#15     Sep 28, 2009
  6. Have to mention: this was through DDN Iqfeed. Still have to test using DDN neotickfeed for the same amount of symbols.

Cant imaging it will make much difference since Im using the same feed. =IQLinq| or =neoticker|..

Check back..

#16     Sep 28, 2009
  7. After some multi struggle I buried the DDE IQfeed. Even the company agries its very instable and to better add some 3th party stuff for de DDE feed..

I got some very positive early signs using the NeoTicker DDE link. Finaly implemented my favorite RSI and Stoch on the worksheet! Suprisingly simple integration just for once..

Still have to see how it handles filling all my 450 symbols tomorrow(hungry; wife yelling etc..)..

For now Im happy and very satisfied for the day!

#17     Sep 28, 2009
  8. What are you trying to do exactly with excel that you can't do inside a Neoticker quote-window or dynamic table?

RTD/DDE -> Excel is inherently slow due to its significant overhead. It will have to cross the COM-barrier with each tick. Excel itself is slow too and isn't really designed for heavy duty realtime work. I doubt you will have much luck trying to do tick-precise calculations on 400+ symbols with this.

#18     Sep 28, 2009
  9. Probably nothing special. Its much faster using the NT quotescreen?
    I was just thinking practicly as Im used to Excel so much; didnt realy tought in terms of speed. Good youre telling me! You would dissapoint me confirmig this story but Im glad to hear. Ive got megafast pc so if its just an internal power question you didnt scare me off..
    Please confirm

#19     Sep 28, 2009
  10. I can live with the NT quotescreen as well if I have to..
    You think it will survive some 500 symbol attack?

#20     Sep 28, 2009