NeoTicker 4.10 supporting 2 more data vendors

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by Lawrence Chan, Sep 2, 2005.

1. just21

just21

I'm only interested in the historic backfill from IB. i can use TWS for order entry.

#11     Sep 2, 2005
  2. You can check the IB forum to see if their historical API starts to mature and does not change. When that happen, we will be able to support that.

For straight real-time streaming data, like MB Trading, we can provide the necessary backfill mechanism and that works great. We have many happy users using that combination.

On the other hand, if we are suppose to support a backfill function and that does not work properly or needs to be changed every couple of weeks, while the problem is always blamed onto us, then it does not make any sense in the meantime for us to support IB's backfill until it matures into a stable API.

Whenever we support a feed/brokerage, we actually takeover the support issues from the vendor, and it is best we can provide working solutions and workarounds to our clients, as oppose to telling them that it is suppose to be broken and it needs yet another release to work :(

Personally, I do have an IB account since 1990s when there was only TWS v3 for DOS. The API business is not easy because most companies are not ready dealing with API development. I certainly hope that IB will have its historical data API working soon.

#12     Sep 2, 2005
  3. mktman

mktman

Lawrence

"For straight real-time streaming data, like MB Trading, we can provide the necessary backfill mechanism and that works great. We have many happy users using that combination."

What backfill mechanism are you referring to?

Thx.

#13     Aug 2, 2006

4. e.g. if you use MB as the streaming data feed, we have backfill data for forex and some of the common emini data.

Next time could you open a new thread because it is an old announcement, not a good place for discussion.

#14     Aug 3, 2006