Neocons, it's over.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by oddiduro, Mar 26, 2008.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

I should have noted this was all copied, I'm not that smart.

#31     Mar 27, 2008
  2. Now see, this is what I mean, you see what you want to see.

Obama, has said that Wright is seeing America through a distorted lens.

Wright does not see that a black man will be the democratic nominee for president, that a black man has served as secretary of state, that a black woman has served as national security advisor.

Wright is a victim of PTSD. No Klansman can make this statement, a he has NEVER been excluded from the American family as a matter of LAW.

The only way Obama can be brought down is if his opponents can paint him as a radical kook.

It will not work.

#32     Mar 27, 2008
  3. Hey now.. i gave you a video with the head troskyite!!! can a white man get some respect here????!!!!

#33     Mar 27, 2008
  4. Gord

Gord

Obama has already displayed himself as a "radical kook" by attending and supporting a church/cult full of racist, America bashers who cheer a racist, America-bashing preacher, and exposing his daughters to this kind of hate.

#34     Mar 27, 2008
  5. No need, at least you bring substance to the debate, and I am not going to let this go before election day. This is THE defining moment for America, everyone on the globe knows it. We are going to find out who we REALLY are. Hillary, Obama or McCain, it does not matter. The PROCESS will be more important than the actual election.

#35     Mar 27, 2008
  6. probably wont be any of the 3 named.

#36     Mar 27, 2008
  7. Did McCain recieve an endorsement from Bob Jones U? Does that make him a kook?

Or do you also think that humans should chose their mates based on the color of their skin?

#37     Mar 27, 2008
  8. he got one from John hagee and that should scare the hell out of people... and yes.. Hagee is an uber neocon.

#38     Mar 27, 2008
  9. How many times do we have to go through this? I am soooo tired of liberals lumping everyone they oppose as "neocons." Neocons are a specific subset of the traditional republican coalition. Most of them were jewish intellectuals who had been liberals but moved to the republican party because of the democrats' refusal to confront communism. The Soviet Union's oppression of jews was a major factor.

They gave a certain intellectual respectability to the Reagan administration, but schisms became apparent after Saddam Hussein invaded Kuwait. Neocons strongly supported war to free Kuwait, but traditional conservatives, led by Pat Buchanan, were more skeptical, seeing the neocon agenda as being dictated by Israel. The same split developed over the Iraq war, with neocons being the loudest voices in favor of war and Buchanan, Ron Paul and a few other republicans counseling caution.

Neocons are nothing if not adaptable. Their credibility was pretty much destroyed in the wake of the Iraq fiasco, but look who is the Republican nominee for president: John McCain, a reliable foot soldier for the big brains behind the neocon movement.

Neocons have never been particularly comfortable in the republican party. They are typically social liberals and are contemptuous of the evangelical/social conservative wing of the party. As noted, they also have issues with the paleoconservatives of Pat Buchanan, who they dismiss as anti-semites.

In terms of the media, the Weekly Standard could be called the Neocon Standard. The editor is Bill Kristol, son of neocon godfather Irving Kristol. Fox News is heavily slanted to neocons, which explains their total blackout of Ron Paul.

#39     Mar 27, 2008
  10. Gord

Gord

You are like Obama - a Kool Aid drinker - if you can't see the difference between an endorsement and Obama attending and supporting a racist, America-hating cult for twenty years, and also exposing his children to such a cult. Obviously reason will not work with you - you need deprogramming... [​IMG]

#40     Mar 27, 2008